WritersBeat.com

Go Back   WritersBeat.com > Writer's Beat > Introductions

Introductions Introduce yourself; we're all writers here, nothing to hide!

my interesting nonfiction posting

Old 09-27-2017, 12:25 PM
Connie (Offline)
Copyist
Official Member

Thanks 10
Default my interesting nonfiction posting

Hi I'm Connie, real name Rhonda and I'm a 55 year old transexual woman. I didn't start out discontent with my birth sex, but by degrees and over the years I accomplished transgendering. How I got there is an interesting story I think, and I hope you read it. The Woman Within, under nonfiction

Old 09-27-2017, 02:13 PM
fleamailman (Offline)
Samuel Johnson, obviously!
Official Member

Thanks 3,778

Originally Posted by Connie View Post
Hi I'm Connie, real name Rhonda and I'm a 55 year old transexual woman. I didn't start out discontent with my birth sex, but by degrees and over the years I accomplished transgendering. How I got there is an interesting story I think, and I hope you read it. The Woman Within, under nonfiction
(and then the goblin was standing in front of Connie once more, where looking up at her now he had both read and liked her story, before breaking into a smile, then asking as a matter of course "...since you are here why not relate directly allowing your posts to become your ambassadors, where I dare say that a certain fluidity of pen is gained by the practice of experimentation is it not...", the goblin then paused for a moment, looked up at the night's sky then somehow wasn't quite sure if the slowing humming of his computer either complimented or contrasted with the stillness of the late hour, for it had been a long day for sure, before restarting "...in truth one often tricks those readers into reading one, ah but they'd never read me otherwise...", while the moon too seemed a slanted smile in the observing darkness outside, just two smiles then, the moon's and the goblin's, both welcoming Connie to write in their differing ways)

Last edited by fleamailman; 09-29-2017 at 01:39 AM..
Old 09-28-2017, 04:24 PM
Lockette (Offline)
Abnormally Articulate
Official Member

Thanks 44

Welcome, Welcome! Come in, take a seat, have a drink. Enjoy your stay, in any case.
Old 10-01-2017, 12:33 PM
Grace Gabriel (Offline)
Always Online
Official Member

Thanks 1,045

Originally Posted by Connie View Post
Connie, in the meantime, have a mooch around the site - read a few bits and comment - we're not 'up our own backsides' when it comes to critique here - just a heartfelt, honest response to work is great. You'll likely build up relationships quicker - we operate a bartering system here of giving each other feedback - it will draw people to your story and get you some more feedback.

If you don't mind the rather personal question - d'you think your mum made assumptions too quickly about styling you as female? It also worries me that because this was a shared secret with mum, it may have made you feel that dressing as a woman was something clandestine - something you should be ashamed of....

If this is too deep a delve into your privacy - please decline to comment, but I think this is of value to people who may well have transgender chidren. x
Old 10-09-2017, 01:40 PM
Connie (Offline)
Copyist
Official Member

Thanks 10

Hi Grace and pardon me for not answering sooner. An no, I don't mind a personal question- in fact I welcome them.

I was certainly a willing participant. I never really felt masculine and I had no father figure- even though he was there. I really liked being pretty, and I liked being fussed over. I had many chances to reverse this over my adult life but obviously I liked what I was doing. My only regret is that I didn't make my transition sooner and enjoy life as a full time woman.
Old 11-15-2017, 09:36 AM
Luciaphile (Offline)
Scribbler
Official Member

Thanks 9
Default Hello!

Connie, what a fine reply to Grace's question. It helps me know you better than your first intro, and now I want to read your story. I like nonfiction, especially memoir narratives.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Compliments of the Author: Debbie Bumstead

WritersBeat.com > Writer's Beat > Introductions