WritersBeat.com

Go Back   WritersBeat.com > Writer's Beat > Introductions

Introductions Introduce yourself; we're all writers here, nothing to hide!

My Name is Jessica and I Need Submissions for my Literary Magazine!

Old 10-22-2017, 09:25 PM
Atlas2017 (Offline)
Let me introduce myself
New Author

Thanks 0
Default My Name is Jessica and I Need Submissions for my Literary Magazine!

Hello everyone! My name is Jessica and I'm making a literary magazine for my Publishing course at Ohio University. I am looking for original short stories and poetry centering around the theme of "being lost, finding yourself, and navigating through life" to feature. I will read and consider any and all submissions made to atlasreview2017(at)gmail.com! Thanks in advance to anyone willing to share their work, i very much appreciate it!

Old 10-22-2017, 10:34 PM
fleamailman (Online)
Samuel Johnson, obviously!
Official Member

Thanks 3,779

("...yet doesn't this "post and run" here kind of show your insincerity towards writersbeat, and to your enterprise too..." inquired the goblin meaning well though, only suspecting that Jessica in her youthful approach had yet to learn about human nature, adding "...let me help you now, the trick in gaining the trust of both readers and writers alike is to be more selective, where for example had you gone through the poems and writings in those sections first, and then had asked someone there by way of a PM perhaps if they would like to join your enterprise, then at least they would have felt flattered for your having picked them out amongst them, whereas by putting your ad in your intro while letting folks see that you've only done one post to date, you kind of show us that you're not selective on the one hand, plus if that post now remains your sole post too, your insincerity on the other...", in fact the goblin could have remained silent letting this be now, but then other posters might have repeated this approach where clearly "post and run" had to be anyone's own worst enemy, repeating "...the more you post here the more they'll come to trust you by that your enterprise too, so be selective in your scouting is all I'm recommending...", and with that the goblin bowed low in a gesture of welcome as it were)

Last edited by fleamailman; 10-23-2017 at 06:49 AM..

WritersBeat.com > Writer's Beat > Introductions