WritersBeat.com

Go Back   WritersBeat.com > Writer's Beat > Introductions

Introductions Introduce yourself; we're all writers here, nothing to hide!

Hello from Norway

Old 10-22-2017, 05:45 AM
pralina (Offline)
Pencil pusher
Official Member

Thanks 3
Default Hello from Norway

Hi! I have just come across your beautiful forum, and decided to join. I have been writing for as long as I can remember, and I enjoy it very much. However, as I'm sure you all know, it is hard to get an honest, objective, feedback from your friends and family, and if I want to grow as a writer I need as much feedback as I can get. I am going to post some short horror stories and I count on you to tear them apart

I mostly write fantasy and horror stories, some poetry here and there. I have never been published (unless a university newspaper counts), but a girl can hope. I like to read fantasy, science fiction, horror, as well as books that deal with self development and documentaries.

I am Polish and I live in Norway, four different languages are battling in my head, so please forgive me if I make any silly mistakes. Although I use English quite often, so it shouldn't be a problem, you never know

I hope to stay here for some time and have fun with all of you!

- Dominika

Last edited by pralina; 10-22-2017 at 06:21 AM..
Old 10-22-2017, 08:11 AM
Lockette (Offline)
Abnormally Articulate
Official Member

Thanks 44

Welcome! It's great to see new members join!

It's really hard to get constructive criticism from friends and family. They always end up just inflating your ego, then when you submit something you get shot down (figuratively, of course.) It's a vicious cycle.

And you write very nice English, If I do say so myself.

I can't wait to read something you've written!
Old 10-22-2017, 09:12 AM
pralina (Offline)
Pencil pusher
Official Member

Thanks 3

Thanks, I have masters in English philology, so I do hope I don't embarrass myself too much I will upload something soon, looking forward to reading your notes!
Old 10-22-2017, 10:02 AM
Lockette (Offline)
Abnormally Articulate
Official Member

Thanks 44

You'll fit in just fine, then!
Old 10-22-2017, 10:41 AM
fleamailman (Offline)
Samuel Johnson, obviously!
Official Member

Thanks 3,774

("...well, me I'm an outstanding example of "how not to write" really..." remarked the goblin never one to miss a welcome here though, then adding "...no, the trouble with writing is that everyone knows what they want to read next, that bit is easy enough, only that what they don't know is that they won't enjoy reading it when they do because it's what they had expected to begin with, so I guess that you as some imaginative writer here will have to come up with that which they didn't know that they wanted to read now, yes but I digress don't I...", whereupon the goblin just tapped the red welcoming carpet with his toe turning it momentarily as green as a traffic light, ever so wondrously green he felt, remarking"...naah, never could understand why you human like red carpets so much, mind you I never could understand why anyone would read my posts neither, so no you haven't read this far have you now, good because this forum and does have writing standards to maintain, or so I'm told that is..."and with that the goblin was off to hit the "new post" button again since the forum was on the up and ups he felt)

Last edited by fleamailman; 10-22-2017 at 12:33 PM..
Old 10-22-2017, 11:05 AM
pralina (Offline)
Pencil pusher
Official Member

Thanks 3

Originally Posted by fleamailman View Post
("...well, me I'm an outstanding example of how not to write really..." remarked the goblin never one to miss a welcome here though, then adding "...no, trouble with writing is that everyone knows what they want to read, that bit is easy enough, only that what they don't know is that they won't enjoy reading it when they do because it's what they had expected to begin with, so you as some imaginative writer here have to come up with that which they didn't know that they wanted to read I guess, yes but I digress do don't I...", whereupon the goblin just tapped the red welcoming carpet with his toe turning it momentarily as green as a traffic light, ever so wondrously green he felt, remarking"...naah, never could understand why you human like red carpets so much, mind you I never could understand why anyone would read my posts neither, so no you haven't read this far have you now, good because this forum and does have writing standards to maintain, or so I'm told that is..."and with that the goblin to hit the "new post" button again since the forum was on the up and ups now)

Umm, ooookay then... thanks for welcoming me, I guess! (what have I gotten myself into...?)
Old 10-22-2017, 11:24 AM
brianpatrick (Offline)
Verbosity Pales
Official Member

Thanks 846

Originally Posted by pralina View Post
Umm, ooookay then... thanks for welcoming me, I guess! (what have I gotten myself into...?)

Welcome. Don’t mind flea; he’s a weirdo😀

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 10-23-2017, 05:55 AM
JP_Inkswell (Offline)
Scribbling Master
Official Member

Thanks 218

Hey hey! How come he gets all the credit?

Oh...wait, I remember now. Never mind.
Old 10-23-2017, 06:44 AM
fleamailman (Offline)
Samuel Johnson, obviously!
Official Member

Thanks 3,774

("...I am not weird, no I'm just like any other goblin you might come across upon forumland here..." went the goblin hoping that pralina was not adversely affected by this intrusion upon her thread, adding "...moreover, if you don't believe me just ask any other goblin now, where I'm sure they'll vouch for me, promise...", conversely the goblin would probably been more offended if someone had actually straight out called him "normal" here, sighing "...ah no, not normal please, for readers might settle for normal if they must, but in their hearts I'm sure they want fiction instead, where we by our trade are practitioners of fiction are we not...", a smiled returned the goblin's face, no he liked humans and suspected that they were ever just odd like that)

WritersBeat.com > Writer's Beat > Introductions