WritersBeat.com

Go Back   WritersBeat.com > Writer's Beat > Introductions

Introductions Introduce yourself; we're all writers here, nothing to hide!

Don't call it a comeback...

Old 10-01-2017, 02:12 PM
Errenscrawls (Offline)
Let me introduce myself
New Author

Thanks 0
Default Don't call it a comeback...

I've been here for years. Uh, in a sense. Not really. Let me explain myself. I joined this forum as a kid in high school, drifted away for obnoxious, more teenager-ey pastures, and kind of forgot about it. I'm now a college grad, looking to take writing a little more seriously, and remembered this place. Totally forgot the username I had, but I'm hoping I've improved at least a little in the 6(?) years since. A little bit. I'm no longer writing deranged fanfiction, so that's a start, right?

Anyway, hi and hello. I hope to meet new people, critique, and improve myself here. For real, this time.

Old 10-01-2017, 04:21 PM
Lockette (Offline)
Abnormally Articulate
Official Member

Thanks 44

Welcome back?

Welcome to the Beat! I guess you've missed a lot since you've been gone.

We underwent a server change, completely dismantling many of the things we've had.

We've been regaining some things, but we may never be back to full load.

I look forward to reading something of yours! See you round!
Old 10-03-2017, 12:19 PM
JP_Inkswell (Offline)
Scribbling Master
Official Member

Thanks 218

The Deranged Fan Fiction Writer's Association just won't be the same without you. ( Captain Proton told me to say that. )
Old 10-04-2017, 01:38 AM
fleamailman (Online)
Samuel Johnson, obviously!
Official Member

Thanks 3,775

("...you can write anything here but then the real question is whether one can get away with it by way of hitcount..." smiled the goblin tackling this rewelcome in his own unbecoming way, then adding "...for hitcount equates to readership, where on the one hand you could spend days weeks months writing out that novel there, though once you've written it, edited it through, and stuck it up on amazon as an unknown in hope that someone might come across it let alone download it, an unknown and ever the mercy of "finding readers after the fact", whereas here you're young still and well placed to build up your own readership around your persona instead, doing posts that get you remembered by them...", and then the goblin laughed wondering if Erranscrawls had come across a scornful toad who left this forum a while back, then continuing "...well it's like him then, I mean few folks remember usernames, thus your username is used to find you across this forumland in a goggle search instead, whereas it's your persona that one uses to be remembered by...", he paused before restarting "...just do a post at a certain benchmark of self then, then another, then yet another one after that one too, all the time keeping it both constant and consistent, thus before long you have at least ten hits per post, three hundred hits per month then, not bad to start with but then a grows perhaps building it up to a hundred hits a day or three thousand hits a month, ah but then one reposts those same posts elsewhere in an air/edit/backup dripfeeding like manner across let's say ten forums, well that's thirty thousand reads a month really without much effort to be honest...", and with that the goblin hoped that Erranscrawls would overlook the way he wrote, smiling "...naah, I try not to write as you humans do, nor follow that same of book publishing path there, for posting is painting to me, I mean if readers are here then here is where I must see what works by way of the hitcount..." and with that the goblin just put up his thin hand to long ear and listened for a reply of sorts but that was just goblins for you, they did the muse's bidding and turned susceptible posters into livewriters)

Last edited by fleamailman; 10-11-2017 at 08:21 AM..
Old Yesterday, 07:00 PM
Chinspinner (Offline)
Abnormally Articulate
Official Member

Thanks 22

I call it forgettable.

WritersBeat.com > Writer's Beat > Introductions