WritersBeat.com

Go Back   WritersBeat.com > General Discussion > Writers' Cafe

Writers' Cafe Get a drink, sit down to relax, and chit-chat with other writers.

The 'I MISS NICK PIERCE' THREAD

Old 09-11-2017, 05:32 PM
Lockette (Offline)
Abnormally Articulate
Official Member

Thanks 44

How's the rain treating you, Myers? Nothing more than rain and strong winds, I hope?

Myers (09-11-2017)
Old 09-11-2017, 06:14 PM
Myers (Online)
Heartbreaking Writer of Staggering Genius
Official Member

Thanks 354

That's all so far -- and not as bad as predicted.

Lots of people have no power, including a few streets over, but so far we've been lucky.

A couple of people have been killed by falling trees near where I live -- one person in their car, another in a house.

The problem is the ground gets very saturated and it doesn't really take much wind to blow over some of these big trees.

There's not much wind now -- but we're going to sleep in the basement anyway. Better safe than sorry.

Thanks for asking.
Old 09-12-2017, 09:19 AM
Prodigalson (Offline)
Homer's Odyssey Was Nothing

Thanks 357

Originally Posted by Grace Gabriel View Post
Your last line is chilling - that would never have occurred to me. Horrible thought when you imagine people pull together.
Aye, I know a cop who makes no preparation for a major disaster (everyone up here is prepared for minor disasters -- we're so isolated, we have to be.) He figures, he's got lots of guns and ammo -- if the shit comes down, he'll just take what he wants. There are a lot of people out there who think the same way, and another gun is the only way to stop them.

Originally Posted by Myers View Post
That's all so far -- and not as bad as predicted.

Lots of people have no power, including a few streets over, but so far we've been lucky.

A couple of people have been killed by falling trees near where I live -- one person in their car, another in a house.

The problem is the ground gets very saturated and it doesn't really take much wind to blow over some of these big trees.

There's not much wind now -- but we're going to sleep in the basement anyway. Better safe than sorry.

Thanks for asking.
Glad to see you made it through all right, Myers.
Mr. Ed said I should use his signature, since he's not anymore. In honor of his good friend Nok, here it is: "As far as smoking a cigar," she said, "I'd not know where to start or how to start." "It's simple," said I, "You light one end and chew on the other and hope to meet in the middle."
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 09-27-2017, 12:03 AM
chat bot (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 220

nickabowchickawowownickabowchickawowownickabowchic kawowownickabowchickawowownickabowchickawowownicka bowchickawowownickabowchickawowownickabowchickawow ownickabowchickawowownickabowchickawowownickabowch ickawowownickabowchickawowownickabowchickawowownic kabowchickawowownickabowchickawowownickabowchickaw owownickabowchickawowownickabowchickawowownickabow chickawowownickabowchickawowownickabowchickawowow

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
💭
Old 09-27-2017, 02:29 AM
fleamailman (Offline)
Samuel Johnson, obviously!
Official Member

Thanks 3,782

("...posting is like painting, where experimentation is all..." went the goblin still here still posting on, then adding "...and so china is to hold their shijiu-da in october, where Xi Jinping's remaining in office after that goes without saying, after all while "the west" has been stagnating behind the media given sideshow of minor issues, Xi Jinping from day one has moved china along substantially building up those ties with the "non west nations, brics nations, AIIB bank, and now the introduction of a gold standard too...", in fact, looking back it will seem like obvious that china was looking at this longterm, and was winning too, the goblin made a gesture with his hand trying to find the right words, then restarting "...well, it would be in nobody's interest, least of all in china's now, to have the west topple overnight, instead china is building towards this gradual de'credifiction of the reserve currency, where if anything china is not so much banking on the west being unable to meet its compounded debts, which already it can't meet, no china is banking upon what always happens when debtors cheat, the traders move to sound money..." and then the goblin laughed, relating "...I mean odd isn't it, the russianburger has no substance but is all over the media menu while the chinaburger has real substance but is nowhere on the menu, kind of makes one feel sorry for anyone who calls himself a media journalist today, at least I as a non journalist then can say openly here that not only does the emperor wear no clothes, he's penniless too, and will have to resort to brute force soon...")

Last edited by fleamailman; 10-01-2017 at 08:18 AM..
Old 09-27-2017, 10:01 PM
chat bot (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 220

nickabow bow bow bow

💭
Old 09-28-2017, 03:14 PM
Grace Gabriel (Offline)
Always Online
Official Member

Thanks 1,045

Originally Posted by chat bot View Post
nickabowchickawowownickabowchickawowownickabowchic kawowownickabowchickawowownickabowchickawowownicka bowchickawowownickabowchickawowownickabowchickawow ownickabowchickawowownickabowchickawowownickabowch ickawowownickabowchickawowownickabowchickawowownic kabowchickawowownickabowchickawowownickabowchickaw owownickabowchickawowownickabowchickawowownickabow chickawowownickabowchickawowownickabowchickawowow
Ole Nick didn't make me feel boom chicka wow wow....his boots did though.

I really wanted his boots - higher heels though.

The dude gave good footwear.
Old 09-28-2017, 03:33 PM
Myers (Online)
Official Member

Thanks 354

How come everything is like painting?

Old 09-28-2017, 04:28 PM
Lockette (Offline)
Abnormally Articulate
Official Member

Thanks 44

Originally Posted by fleamailman View Post
("...posting is like painting, where the experimentation is all..." went the goblin still here still posting on, then adding "...and so china is to hold their shijiu-da next month, where few doubt that Xi Jinping will not remain in office after that then, if all "the west" while it has been stagnating, well one cared to look passed the media sideshow of minor issues, no Xi Jinping has moved china along substantially building up those ties with the "non west" nicely...", in fact, looking back it will seem like obvious that china was looking at it longterm here, the goblin explained it to himself, stating "...well, it would be in nobody's interest, least of all in china's interest now, to have the west topple overnight then, so instead all china wants is this ongoing de'credifiction of the west to continue as pace, and if anything china is banking on the west being unable to meet its compounded debts..." and then the goblin laughed, saying "...odd isn't it, the russianburger has no substance but is all over the media menu while the chinaburger has real substance but is nowhere to been seen, kind of makes one feel sorry for anyone who calls himself a media journalist today, a least I can say that not only does the emperor wear no clothes but also his pockets are quite empty too...")
I smiled. I may have to move to china if their master plan is that intelligent. The censorship isn't that bad, is it?
fleamailman (10-01-2017)
Old 10-22-2017, 11:53 AM
Lockette (Offline)
Abnormally Articulate
Official Member

Thanks 44

I'm kinda wondering if something happened to Nick. This is what, 3 months now?

WritersBeat.com > General Discussion > Writers' Cafe