WritersBeat.com

Go Back   WritersBeat.com > General Discussion > The Intellectual Table

The Intellectual Table Discussions on political topics, social issues, current affairs, etc.

Mohicanís Miscellaneous Meanderings

Old 01-14-2014, 10:41 AM
Mohican (Offline)
Tall Poppy
Administration

Thanks 651

If John of Patmos would browse the internet today for half an hour, I don't know if the Book of Revelations would be entirely different or entirely the same.
Old 01-14-2014, 03:15 PM
JustcallmeEd (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 697

Yeah, but "we're" free to do all that...
Old 01-14-2014, 04:21 PM
Bagit (Offline)
Dungeon Keeper
Administration

Thanks 490

Imperialism at its finest, I'd say. A lot of innocent blood on their hands. They hate them (the US government, not We The People) for what they are. Don't even bring 'us' into it Bush!
Old 01-14-2014, 04:41 PM
JustcallmeEd (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 697

Are you sure "they" differentiate between the two? I'm sure that, were I to take a stroll down any street in Iraq, I'd be just as hated for what my government has done as if I were the government itself.

For us to blind ourselves to the fact that other people see us as our government is to invite disaster.

We are our government. If we didn't put them in power, we sure haven't taken any decisive steps to get them out. Until we do, we are at risk.

If another country's government and businesses did to us what we have done to other countries, I'd be on a killing spree.
Old 01-14-2014, 05:08 PM
Bagit (Offline)
Dungeon Keeper
Administration

Thanks 490

Agreed, Ed. It's our money that keeps the bastards in power. I was sort of venting my frustrations with how Bush worded that phrase.

The government's actions do threaten us. Freedom has nothing to do with it.
Old 01-15-2014, 08:09 AM
TheDumbOne (Offline)
Homer's Odyssey Was Nothing
Official Member

Thanks 115

where are the Steinbecks of this generation?
http://genforum.genealogy.com/steinbeck/

This may help...
Old 01-15-2014, 09:11 AM
Mohican (Offline)
Tall Poppy
Administration

Thanks 651

It wasn't just Bush saying it. It got parroted a lot. The Muslims must hate Russia for their freedoms too.

If John of Patmos would browse the internet today for half an hour, I don't know if the Book of Revelations would be entirely different or entirely the same.
Old 01-15-2014, 09:45 AM
TheDumbOne (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 115

I read somewhere that a society of about a hundred wealthy people actually control everything that goes on in the entire human race. Maybe so, still, I think their days are numbered.
Old 01-15-2014, 10:01 AM
Mohican (Offline)
Tall Poppy
Administration

Thanks 651

Originally Posted by TheDumbOne View Post
I read somewhere that a society of about a hundred wealthy people actually control everything that goes on in the entire human race. Maybe so, still, I think their days are numbered.
If the (insert Illuminati, FreeMasons, Bilderbergers, Lizard People) control the world, and have done so for hundreds of years, why are their days numbered? Is this a prediction on the return of Christ or perhaps the return of Reptar?

Old 01-15-2014, 10:09 AM
TheDumbOne (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 115

Is this a prediction on the return of Christ or perhaps the return of Reptar?
Never heard of Reptar. I agree with Kevin Costner's prediction of an approaching water world. One method of destroying a planet by fire is to heat the interior to the extent that the internal water is pushed to the surface.

Christ returning? Who is here that follows His rules enough to bother with? Remember God would not refrain from destroying Sodom and Gomorrah for only five good people.
Old 01-15-2014, 10:21 AM
Mohican (Offline)
Tall Poppy
Administration

Thanks 651
Default Today's entry (or one of today's entries) is a cartoon

The Following User Says Thank You to Mohican For This Useful Post:
Bagit (01-16-2014)
Old 01-20-2014, 09:37 AM
Mohican (Offline)
Tall Poppy
Administration

Thanks 651

Get Ready for King Charles? And does that really mean anything?

Would a new set of Crusades be in order?

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news...2#.Ut1bC7ROlEY

Old 01-21-2014, 01:14 PM
Mohican (Offline)
Tall Poppy
Administration

Thanks 651

I have been a slacker with this lately. Today's initial (or maybe only) entry is again a cartoon.

File this under : If the show was on the other foot

Old 01-21-2014, 02:52 PM
JustcallmeEd (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 697

And we wonder why they hate us...

And until we get the wackos out of authority who are running the show, they have every right to hate us - US, not our government, because in the eyes of the world, we are our government.

Our government claims to be protecting us with these drone strikes, but how many thousands of new converts to anti-Americanism have they created?

The world hates us because of the decisions of the people WE have in power (or, conversely, the people we have not removed from power).

Already, it's a crime to even question them. Boot them out!
Old 01-23-2014, 08:30 AM
Mohican (Offline)
Tall Poppy
Administration

Thanks 651

A majority of 'Murricans now believes the White House Staff, and by extension, Obama is incompetent. (but is willing to vote for his third term)

http://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiepa...campaign=nl_pm

The Obama administration is not competent running the government, voters say 53 - 42 percent. The president is paying attention to what his administration is doing, 45 percent say, while 47 percent say he is not paying attention.

The president's character measures remain low:

46 percent say he is honest and trustworthy and 49 percent say he is not;
49 percent say he is a strong leader and 48 percent say he is not;
51 percent say he cares about their needs and problems and 46 percent say he does not
Also, according to the poll, Obama's bungling on the economy sucks, too.

Old 01-23-2014, 01:16 PM
JustcallmeEd (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 697

The above numbers show how many people continue to be hornswoggled by this charlatan and his handlers.

That even ten percent still believe anything good about this administration just goes to show how desperately people don't want to believe they've been made fools of.
Old 01-28-2014, 07:32 AM
Mohican (Offline)
Tall Poppy
Administration

Thanks 651

The USA's intelligence services give their programs sinister names. Rendition, etc.

The Brits, when spying on their own? How about Operation Squeaky Dolphin?

Ok, it's not funny, and shows the ever decreasing level of trust between citizens and government. But still, Squeaky Dolphin?

http://investigations.nbcnews.com/_n...-facebook?lite

Old 01-28-2014, 08:51 PM
JustcallmeEd (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 697

Because how could you not like a squeaky dolphin?
Old 01-29-2014, 08:28 AM
Mohican (Offline)
Tall Poppy
Administration

Thanks 651

ďGovernment becomes tyrannous and oppressive precisely in proportion as its democratic principle is extended.Ē A.P. Upshur

Mike Church touches on the dangers of overwhelming democracy versus a republic, and also notes that we are less and less a union of states and more one homogenous blob of a nation.

Old 01-29-2014, 08:43 AM
JustcallmeEd (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 697

The Romans survived as long as they did because they left the customs, religion and administration of the areas they conquered largely intact. The daily life of the people was not changed greatly.

Our government is trying to force people to change all three to conform to one world-wide standard (not even an American standard).

Failure awaits.
Old 02-04-2014, 10:18 AM
Mohican (Offline)
Tall Poppy
Administration

Thanks 651

S.O.T.U. 2014 - and one brilliant example of hypocrisy

http://www.foxbusiness.com/economy-p...on-gm-pay-gap/

maybe she wasn't a campaign donor?

Old 02-05-2014, 07:39 AM
Mohican (Offline)
Tall Poppy
Administration

Thanks 651

No Knock (or inaudible knock) raids are now acceptable for the pursuit and prosecution of credit card fraud. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ISTSgqf3kU#t=15

Old 02-05-2014, 07:42 AM
Mohican (Offline)
Tall Poppy
Administration

Thanks 651

I would also like to take the time to make a Public Service Announcement. February is Bass Reeves Awareness Month.

http://www.legendsofamerica.com/we-bassreeves.html

http://www.usmarshalsmuseum.com/b_reeves

http://www.artofmanliness.com/2011/0...m-bass-reeves/

I will have to add this to my reading list: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/080...SIN=0803217471

Old 02-07-2014, 04:12 PM
TheDumbOne (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 115

No Knock (or inaudible knock) raids are now acceptable
Those words nearly threw Indiana into a state of anarchism. More than one made a comment to the effect of "I'm normally a peaceful, law abiding citizen, but if a cop kicks my door in, I'll likely go Charleton Heston on them."
Old 02-08-2014, 05:02 PM
Mohican (Offline)
Tall Poppy
Administration

Thanks 651

I believe Indiana introduced legislation that protects citizens from no knock raids. This might help Joe Citizen against local and state no knock raids, but will do nothing about Federal raids. Unless some sheriff really steps up and arrests a few Feds for violation of state law.

Old 02-08-2014, 07:08 PM
JustcallmeEd (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 697

Originally Posted by Mohican View Post
I believe Indiana introduced legislation that protects citizens from no knock raids. This might help Joe Citizen against local and state no knock raids, but will do nothing about Federal raids. Unless some sheriff really steps up and arrests a few Feds for violation of state law.
Which is what we need. We are, after all, a federation of states. We have the power within our borders.

If I remember my American Government correctly, the Federal Government exists only to represent our interests to foreign governments and to provide for a general defense.

Not to go busting in on American citizens for nefarious reasons.
Old 02-12-2014, 06:14 AM
Mohican (Offline)
Tall Poppy
Administration

Thanks 651

Humorous, but not quite as simple as this. At least 1/3 of Publius (the 1/3 who ended up with Aaron Burr as his "caseworker") would have been happy as a pig in shit in the Leviathon that is the U.S. Federal Government.

Old 02-17-2014, 11:48 AM
Mohican (Offline)
Tall Poppy
Administration

Thanks 651

The US experiences the 3rd coldest winter on record:

http://stevengoddard.wordpress.com/2...far-in-the-us/

Old 02-17-2014, 12:55 PM
JoeMatt (Offline)

Thanks 1,526

Military Scientists Create Pizza That Lasts for Three Years:

http://www.nbcnews.com/tech/innovati...e-years-n30686
Old 02-17-2014, 01:31 PM
JustcallmeEd (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 697

So much for '30 minutes or it's free', eh?
The Following User Says Thank You to JustcallmeEd For This Useful Post:
JoeMatt (02-17-2014)

WritersBeat.com > General Discussion > The Intellectual Table