WritersBeat.com

Go Back   WritersBeat.com > General Discussion > Writers' Cafe

Writers' Cafe Get a drink, sit down to relax, and chit-chat with other writers.

Little Big Town win Vocal Group of the Year at 2013 CMAs

Old 11-07-2013, 11:57 AM
Jim Colyer (Offline)
Heartbreaking Writer of Staggering Genius
Official Member

Thanks 179
Default Little Big Town win Vocal Group of the Year at 2013 CMAs

Little Big Town Win Vocal Group of the Year at 2013 CMAs
http://tasteofcountry.com/little-big...ear-2013-cmas/

Little Big Town aren’t just a great country group, they’re now the Vocal Group of the Year, receiving the prestigious award at the 2013 CMA Awards.

Before they received their trophy, the gorgeous Kellie Pickler appeared to announce the award, along with a surprising guest: P. Diddy. Did anyone know the rapper was actually a country music fan? He was super enthusiastic, yelling, “Music City, I’m here! I’ve always been a down low country music fan. I’m coming out tonight; I love me some country music, baby.”

Then, the odd couple announced the Vocal Group of the Year, LBT, comprised of the talented Karen Fairchild, Kimberly Schlapman, Phillip Sweet and Jimi Westbrook, famous for their four-part harmonies and memorable hits such as ‘Your Side of the Bed’ and ‘Tornado.’

The group bounded onstage, and in their acceptance speech, said, “We just got an award from Puffy and Pickle!” which was met with lots of laughter. “We have to thank country music fans first. You guys are amazing and you’re the reason we’re up here.”

After giving shoutouts to their families, their management team, the road crew and a few other LBT supporters, their limelight was cut short, as they were cut off due to time constraints. But even that couldn’t diminish the excitement on their faces!

With tough competition from Eli Young Band, Lady Antebellum, the Band Perry and Zac Brown Band, the foursome can certainly feel accomplished. They had a fantastic performance of ‘Sober’ and snatched a big award at country music’s biggest night!

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Little-Big-Town.jpg (20.7 KB, 0 views)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

WritersBeat.com > General Discussion > Writers' Cafe