WritersBeat.com

Go Back   WritersBeat.com > General Discussion > Writers' Cafe

Writers' Cafe Get a drink, sit down to relax, and chit-chat with other writers.

oh how I hate editing posts, so share with me then

Old 08-10-2016, 04:59 AM
fleamailman (Online)
Samuel Johnson, obviously!
Official Member

Thanks 3,774

repost from elsewhere, chatting with the twins

cuddle offered, the goblin was out for the count though, explaining "...my body didn't want to sleep last night, where this morning my mind is just not there enough to think anything beyond the obvious really, yet it's still a question of on how turkey will play out now, where what with the purge of the opposition done and with that dictator firmly in place by it things could just as easily goes putin's way as they could obama's...", where the middle east had always been a transit zone then, only that today the main money spinners were untaxed oil and illicit drugs, thus always the temptation was to use private means to trade backed up my soldiers to cover one's tracks, the goblin just sighed "...no, the news wants you to take sides on their side again, but by now after years of self perpetuating war one notes that there are no goods guys between them, no there is just those who do the deceiving and the rest of us who are mostly deceived by it, while the trade that one can do on the blackmarket during any war well covers for the cost of that war there, so much so in fact that peace would only spoil their gains...", not that the goblin was for their war though, only that he understood that it wouldn't end any time soon as the politics side of things was only an afterthought to what was after all the lucrative trade behind it

Last edited by fleamailman; 08-12-2016 at 07:13 AM..
The Following User Says Thank You to fleamailman For This Useful Post:
Djafkri (08-11-2016)
Old 08-11-2016, 12:16 PM
Djafkri (Offline)
I Am My Own Master
Official Member

Thanks 72

Fear + war = money.
The most hardcore raptor led the pack then religion. Everyone was a sinner except the priests then tech. So now the priests are running the countries and buying the tech to sell psychotropic drugs to the schools.

No issues. All the kids get drugged in government controlled schools and learn to believe whatever. Seriously dummed down populations. The propaganda works like strings on puppets so the elite priests can have their armies to fight wars that enrich the elite. It's safer to navigate mine fields than banks.

So where now? Maybe arrest quotas created by privatized prisons. A massive slave labor class can be legally created for the State with maximum surveillance and maximum control.

"I read an article about people working full time and living in cars." the gatecrasher noted, "It's so easy to create a class of slave labor criminals if wages are low."

The future could be to enlist for military service or go to prison since people can't survive without crime. The elite priests will still need armies to seize assets in other countries and compete with each other. So where does this lead?

The endgame is hiding under the ice, creating droughts and floods, boosting seismic activity, lurking in barrels of nuclear waste in the oceans, and threatening the planet with more global warfare.
Max profits = max production = max waste = massive pollution & max warfare.

"We may not even need WW3 to start the first voluntary mass extinction." the gatecrasher concluded, "Just make a wrong choice and nobody really knows which choice that is."
fleamailman (08-11-2016)
Old 08-12-2016, 01:40 AM
fleamailman (Online)
Official Member

Thanks 3,774

repost from elsewhere,

"...I always return..." replied the goblin his mind still taking in the big picture as it were but there just just too many clues, then adding "...all is up in the air still and every crossroads at once it seems, for example would turkey side with russia or america, would it be trump or hillery then, moreover could the EU survive, and just what would finally pop that debt bubble too...", in fact, the goblin knew that it was unsustainable at this point, a house of cards if ever there was one, and that he should do his homework where these were not the times to sit idly by letting it take one unawares, yet there were just too many clues today, simply those clues put together pointed to something big and awful coming, sighing "...ours is to witness then, but it's so hard to witness when it's all happening at once like this, no it could be one little event even where one little event would be all it takes to topple the pack..."

Last edited by fleamailman; 08-14-2016 at 01:49 AM..
Djafkri (08-19-2016)
Old 08-13-2016, 04:37 AM
fleamailman (Online)
Official Member

Thanks 3,774

repost from elsewhere

a sunny day, the goblin watches from afar the same very old lady as yesterday being pushed along in a wheelchair by her daughter who is smoking her cigarette while chatting away thus rather defeating the objective the goblin felt but still the point of life was not to live longer but to use what life one had wisely, where there seemed no point in saving one's time if one was not going to spend one's time, and no point in spending one's time if one was not going to save it too, "...ah yes, old young is old long..." voiced the slot looking on too, where the goblin just went "...well slot, I'm not sure if that maxim means a good thing or a bad thing by it...", "...both perhaps goblin..." smiled back the slot now before adding "...just you don't know if you will live tomorrow so it's good to save isn't it, yet you don't know if you will die tomorrow so it's good to spend too..."

Last edited by fleamailman; 08-14-2016 at 03:34 AM..
Djafkri (08-19-2016)
Old 08-13-2016, 09:06 PM
Prodigalson (Offline)
Homer's Odyssey Was Nothing

Thanks 357

Aye, we're all going back to a howling nothingness anyway, so to live long is to keep the wolves at bay, not that there'd be wolves in nothingness, and it's not really nothingness, it's all-inclusiveness, which is even worse, because you're aware of everything, everything that ever was, everything that is, and everything that ever will be, so there're no surprises, nothing to wonder about, nothing to anticipate...it'd have to drive you nuts after fifty zillion eons...no wonder we come to Earth.
Mr. Ed said I should use his signature, since he's not anymore. In honor of his good friend Nok, here it is: "As far as smoking a cigar," she said, "I'd not know where to start or how to start." "It's simple," said I, "You light one end and chew on the other and hope to meet in the middle."
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Prodigalson For This Useful Post:
fleamailman (08-14-2016), NuNu (08-15-2016)
Old 08-15-2016, 05:56 AM
fleamailman (Online)
Official Member

Thanks 3,774

("...well prod, I'm not sure neither, no I live by default really, I mean at my age most things that would kill me are either beyond my ability or are no longer to my liking..." voiced the goblin who didn't drink, nor smoke, nor overeat neither, nor test his gallantry in the face of some dire danger, the same reason why he didn't test his libido for fear of the truth that it might reveal, and thus who lived by default with no real reason to die really, sighing "...when I die I do hope someone tells me that I'm dead then, no I mean I'd hate to have the bistro throw me out for my being a zombie as it were...")

repost from elsewhere

back online the goblin reflected upon his day, which had been his only day off and lone chance to visit the shops now, explaining "...most times it's sunday or some bank holiday stopping me from buying anything much beyond my everyday needs then...", he had read each of xxxxx's posts in turn and thought she was much improved, more prolific too, while the goblin for his part was returning to writing but nothing would come till geneva's firework display was over, smiling "...this weekend then, I try to avoid going to the lakeside to see it, but I can hear it though, oh yes most anywhere in geneva can hear it now, famous yes but somewhere in the background of this beautiful spectacle is the simple understanding that it all marks the end of summer too, the year at its climax then, where most folks don't put two and two together, but I do though, and my wife is always sad about it, not me though, no I like dull temperatures or even cold ones...", where the goblin could see it would rain shortly and with luck things would cool off somewhat, sighing "...I'm just too old for this heat even if geneva is so beautiful by it..."

Last edited by fleamailman; 08-16-2016 at 03:39 AM..
Djafkri (08-19-2016)
Old 08-15-2016, 11:13 AM
Prodigalson (Offline)

Thanks 357

You'd do well in Humboldt then, flea, at least on the coast, for it seldom hits 80 Fahrenheit here (27 Celsius), but after Geneva, I think you'd find us a bit provincial.

There's nothing like the Redwoods, though (what's left of them).
Mr. Ed said I should use his signature, since he's not anymore. In honor of his good friend Nok, here it is: "As far as smoking a cigar," she said, "I'd not know where to start or how to start." "It's simple," said I, "You light one end and chew on the other and hope to meet in the middle."
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
The Following User Says Thank You to Prodigalson For This Useful Post:
fleamailman (08-16-2016)
Old 08-15-2016, 01:47 PM
NuNu (Offline)
Profusive Denizen
Official Member

Thanks 57

Originally Posted by Prodigalson View Post
Aye, we're all going back to a howling nothingness anyway, so to live long is to keep the wolves at bay, not that there'd be wolves in nothingness, and it's not really nothingness, it's all-inclusiveness, which is even worse, because you're aware of everything, everything that ever was, everything that is, and everything that ever will be, so there're no surprises, nothing to wonder about, nothing to anticipate...it'd have to drive you nuts after fifty zillion eons...no wonder we come to Earth.

I like the way your often say "We come to Earth" .

I have always theorized that Earth is just one of many destinations. A spiritual boot camp, or perhaps even battleground.

And at this point, I plan to have a strong word with whoever talked me into coming here, and I am NEVER coming back. This place is an old pervert molesting young souls.
The Following User Says Thank You to NuNu For This Useful Post:
fleamailman (08-15-2016)
Old 08-16-2016, 03:27 AM
fleamailman (Online)
Official Member

Thanks 3,774

repost from elsewhere, the "favourite season" thread

"...give me autumn please..." smiled the goblin thinking back over it now, and somehow it was ever harvest time too, being just that reward or recompense for one's efforts as it were, and where not, then just the burning of the leaves, a time to take stock of things, noting how the trees who put colour into their foliage to call insects to lay their eggs below their branches in a orgy of death and self sacrifice, yes the goblin had been here before many times by now, relating "...you know, when all is said and done then, autumn is just a short moment between summer's harvest and winter's preparations perhaps, a time when autumn's unseen acrobats kind of whip up those leaves as if to announce the arrival of the wanton winter king who no doubt test those preparations to their full then..."

188 5618 304617

Last edited by fleamailman; 09-12-2016 at 01:54 AM..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fleamailman For This Useful Post:
anna (08-17-2016), Djafkri (08-19-2016)
Old 08-17-2016, 05:24 AM
anna (Offline)
Copyist
Official Member

Thanks 30

There had been a perfect room for writing once flea, she said, with a sturdy Victorian table which had originally sat twelve but time and practicality had squared its proportions handsomely. The table was reminiscent of one of those no nonsense teachers who could anticipate the journey you would begin to carve out into the desk lid well before you had even begun writing it.

Now that room then was that of a ship she had always thought, how odd to climb up six little steps before finding oneself hovering high above a luscious wood with the sound of children playing in the valley below and sparrow hawks larking above. She imagined beautiful flowing script and pictures to captivated the moment, the table its original size in her minds eye had been filled with an assortment of bygone guests who politely waited in anticipation stuck in the social etiquette of the day longing for the release of her pen so as to continue with tea. She had envisaged the walls brimming, the room becoming her secret stash of wonderings. Table and ship were long gone although whilst on holiday this summer she had slipped their memory into the letterbox of an abandoned cliff top house for safe keeping and company.

Last edited by anna; 08-17-2016 at 05:38 AM..
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to anna For This Useful Post:
Djafkri (08-19-2016), fleamailman (08-17-2016), Prodigalson (08-19-2016)
Old 08-19-2016, 02:50 AM
fleamailman (Online)
Official Member

Thanks 3,774

("...that has to be one of the best posts I've read in a while then..." smiled the goblin loving the style of it, then adding "...glad that others post here, nothing like a balance of posts to keep this thread interesting...", were posts were the lifeblood of the forum)

repost from elsewhere

"...sad that, it's much how I feel at seeing a little child today, they remind me of my own children of times past, real bitter-sweet then, better forgotten too, no good comes in reminding myself today of that which will be no more now..." smiled the goblin who had carefully filled up album after album with their photos at the time before he could do that digitally instead, never daring to look back at them later, sighing "...photos are like gravestones, all due respect paid yet so sad too, my children are adults now, no it's me that's child now..."

Last edited by fleamailman; 09-13-2016 at 12:14 PM..
Old 08-19-2016, 04:26 AM
Djafkri (Offline)
I Am My Own Master
Official Member

Thanks 72

Totally wishing summer could last forever, the gatecrasher knew it was getting colder at night But autumn is awesome too and he wondered why he got so all over the Rio games and now summer is almost gone. But it was everything else and the firework displays and cool sounds...

"So maybe sometimes people don't know what they really want." he noted, "Sometimes I don't want to go but I'm happy I did and sometimes the total reverse."

And he knew that clocks were totally unreliable tools. When it's raining they're slow. When it stops they speed up. When it's too cold and nothing cool is happening they're so slow they almost stop. Time works in equations but who can really measure a moment? It's a unit of time that totally defies definition.

"Mostly people like living fast." he concluded, "They almost always put the happiest moments in family albums."

ABOUT TURKEY:
If the US really is moving it's nukes out of Turkey, they refuse to extradite Gulen, and the EU refuses to grant visa-free travel, Turkey will probably turn to Russia, China, and Iran.
They already set Erdogan off by a lack of support, during the attempted coup, and by dissing Erdogan's extreme measures. I seriously doubt Erdogan will remain EU/US friendly. Even the Turkish people are turning anti-US.
It could also give Russia more control of the Black Sea and the Bosphorus strait. So maybe President Putin is baking a cake?
fleamailman (08-19-2016)
Old 08-19-2016, 07:25 AM
fleamailman (Online)
Official Member

Thanks 3,774

("...murky waters of the middle east, with russia now using iran's airbases to bomb terrorists in syria, meanwhile turkey has to choose between profiteering by itself as it has done, or being protected from either east or west..." voiced the goblin enjoying the reads and the minds behind them)

repost from elsewhere

looking out upon the now wet street the goblin noted how summer's tide had started to turn almost unnoticeably even, but the goblin himself had his mind elsewhere musing over something he had said to someone who had asked him about bitcoin, where his reply had been that the humans already had bitcoin only that it was called under another name "the swiss franc", why so, because throughout history switzerland has only ever had two choices really, that of being the poorest country in europe if it were to devalue its currency, or remaining europe's richest if it kept its money strong, whence the moneygod reading into the goblin's thoughts here laughed aloud "...so you know it all then goblin, but you can do nothing with that knowledge there, for it's too late isn't it, the banks have already duped those governments into believing that more debt can miraculously pay for one's debt just as long as the media in all dishonesty calls it a "stimulus" instead, yet where the banks do not have sovereign boarders goblin, and besides, when have they ever cared for the welfare of the state now, no their sole interest is to issue their debt at a profit from, to them debt is their livelihood, politics being just the fertile grounds for that profit there, I mean what side does the bank not support in war, and where war is the most profitable of all debt going, so war comes shortly goblin, why, because the growing world debt compels war to come...", the goblin then asked "...and switzerland, what of switzerland now...", whereupon the moneygod replied "...well, switzerland does not go to war does it, nor does it devalue its currency, so no it just sits on the sidelines together with those banks then, much like it has done in all previous wars, and where the swiss franc becomes that bitcoin by default then, so you know all goblin but knowing that only burdens you with that knowledge...", the sky was darkening again, and still there seemed nothing to do bar observe this misguided legacy

Last edited by fleamailman; 09-13-2016 at 12:23 PM..
Djafkri (08-31-2016)
Old 08-24-2016, 03:32 AM
fleamailman (Online)
Official Member

Thanks 3,774

repost from elsewhere, chatting with twins

"...odd day, they called me to work to cover for things, but in general the tempo in quietening down now..." voiced the goblin who just wanted to show his being here still, adding "...I must go back to editing through my posts again, it's all very well writing new stuff but only the editing of it makes something written once worth reading twice...", so next would be his evening bath though, where the effect of the bathwater would both pull out the grime from his skin and the thoughts from his mind, smiling "...a bath then bed it is, where this evening's bath would be exactly the same whether I was rich or poor, just that at my age money changes little about the basis of my lifestyle, where perhaps I'm as rich as everything I don't need then, yet I do so hate losing things to my age though, I mean who can ever grow old with ease, no not me for one but it wouldn't do to express it openly like a child, so I look on in silence and back in denial..."

188 5623 305833

Last edited by fleamailman; 10-07-2016 at 05:12 AM..
Djafkri (08-31-2016), Grace Gabriel (08-30-2016)
Old 08-30-2016, 02:17 AM
fleamailman (Online)
Official Member

Thanks 3,774

repost from elsewhere

"...you can post whenever then..." ventured the goblin before turning his attention elsewhere though and asking himself "...so why is germany now advising its citizens to stockepile food for two weeks...", whereupon the goblin's mind turned over the possibilities, saying "...terrorism would hardly cut into the infrastructure to that extent, whereas a natural calamity wouldn't need their remaining so candid about it, so I guess that only only leaves two things really, financial collapse and war, where if it is war then watch for poland and other eastern block countries making that same call there, whereas if it was financial collapse it would be those southern poor countries that would sound the alarm if at all...", in fact, in all his years goblin couldn't quite remember a year being so let down be the media as to what was actually happening now, then the goblin smiled repeating something saying "...back in roman times one of the contending emperors in the then civil war declared "either you're with us or against us", whereupon those areas who had been neutral up to that point somehow saw themselves as threatened by that statement there and thus decided to declare themselves for the other emperor instead, well now I wonder if this isn't same type thing that has come about today too, what with george bush stating "either you're with us or against us"...", where that recollection had reminded the goblin that if one doesn't respect the neutrality of others then it turns them against one, perhaps everyone should stockpile food now, sighing "...if the fight against terrorism leads to "the third world war" then won't those very same terrorists feel elated by our having been provoked into it by them here..."

188 5624 306893

Last edited by fleamailman; 09-12-2016 at 02:07 AM..
Djafkri (08-31-2016), Grace Gabriel (08-30-2016)
Old 08-31-2016, 05:37 AM
Djafkri (Offline)
I Am My Own Master
Official Member

Thanks 72

"Germany has so totally lost it." the gatecrasher noted, "Merkel's as popular as Zika, she's pushing the US-EU free trade agreement as hard as France is pushing against it, and her migrants are only adding to a serious crime epidemic. If she really wants people to store food then she's probably expecting a war with Russia, Turkey, or France... who knows? Maybe even half the EU. Drinking all that German beer, it could even be a serious case of Altzheimers. So maybe she thinks it's 1945 and the US has just invented the first atom bomb."

"Well, no huge issue since I finally finished chapter 4." he concluded, "But if the world is about to explode then I need that information so I can get to the shuttle in time to leave orbit."

Cool photo of Emperor Bush, btw. Just wondering if he plays fiddles...
fleamailman (08-31-2016)
Old 08-31-2016, 12:22 PM
Prodigalson (Offline)

Thanks 357

...why did I have to read that through twice to catch the 'Emperor' Bush...?
The Following User Says Thank You to Prodigalson For This Useful Post:
fleamailman (08-31-2016)
Old 09-01-2016, 01:56 AM
fleamailman (Online)
Official Member

Thanks 3,774

"...you're not alone in not noticing prod, but it's very hard for an american to get the global picture from outside america now..." the goblin restarted "...9/11 marked america's coup d'etat, might as well forget what happened in itself, far be it for me to try to convince anyone that two planes couldn't possibly topple three buildings in some clean controlled demolition like manner, instead then and more importantly too let us consider which legal rights were clearly lost in their reaction to that event there, and how the real neofacist agenda played out in the middle-east and afghanistan from that point onwards...", in fact, the goblin felt that the axis of evil was if anything "wallstreet, capital hill, and that whole industrial military complex combined together", so the goblin put it as he saw it, confiding "...just because the ordinary disenfranchised american of today has yet to notice his own country's slide into fascism for those distractions that spineless newsmedia offers in place of the big picture that doesn't necessarily mean that the slide hasn't been noticed by those countries around america who are increasingly realigning themselves eastwards because of it...", where neoconservatism was noefascism, and where "new world order", amounted to "its world order" as in "their world order" then, sighing "...ah, but my type are not one of their "one would order" lackeys, so what happens to me now..."

Last edited by fleamailman; 09-12-2016 at 01:50 AM..
Djafkri (09-06-2016)
Old 09-06-2016, 07:56 PM
Djafkri (Offline)
I Am My Own Master
Official Member

Thanks 72

Knowing that the two tallest buildings, on the planet at that time, could never be taken out perfectly, without a team of demolition experts, the gatecrasher would never use that in his book. It would create a serious credibility gap, even in fiction, so the gatecrasher wondered what really slammed those buildings. Nobody could ever convince him that they were passenger planes.

"If I believed that then I would have to believe that Williams, Ovchinin, and Kripotchka could've landed safely back in Kazakhstan, today, without Roscosmos." he noted, "And maybe they don't need science to send the next team to the space station."

He knew people could lie but not science, and that the real proof that the government knocked those buildings was in the equations.

"On the twenty-third, Borisyenko, Ryzhikov, and Kimbrough will leave Kazakhstan in a Soyuz spacecraft not a political podium.", he easily concluded, "There's a huge difference between scientific fact and political fiction but the first can always be used to kill rep for the latter."
anna (09-12-2016), fleamailman (09-10-2016)
Old 09-10-2016, 02:22 AM
fleamailman (Online)
Official Member

Thanks 3,774

repost from elsewhere,

"...no I have to portray myself like I'm without hesitation still, as weakness provokes incriminations towards what one notes down..." voiced the goblin hesitating inside though, simply those everyday risks were eating away at him now, not that he'd like to go into the details here, just adding "...it's the nature of my lot where it's all beyond our control really, that's all...", in fact, the goblin was looking for ways to please the gods at this point not knowing which gods to please nor whether they were appreciate his efforts towards them, sighing "...I bury my past, I skimp over my present, and kind of avoid eye contact with my future, meanwhile the world is a ticking timebomb of debt with those nation-states both big and small undergoing increased polarization between those who were trying to keep the dead system going and those trying to usher in its alternative...", yet time had caught up with him again, so the goblin put down his pen while his hesitation pulled yet more unmentionable thoughts to the fore, saying "...suffice to say that I have little faith in this transition turning outas bloodless, for war marks the end of empire..."

Last edited by fleamailman; 09-12-2016 at 01:39 AM..
anna (09-12-2016), Djafkri (09-12-2016)
Old 09-12-2016, 02:15 AM
fleamailman (Online)
Official Member

Thanks 3,774

repost from elsewhere

"...summer's heat and my orchids and resting away doing nothing really..." voiced the goblin fed up with waiting for them to do something, anything then, instead thinking that tea would be nice even if the heat called for mint tea mostly and in those pint size glasses too, repeating "...too hot and they sleep then, too cold and the sleep some more, where if you grow plants then I guess one has to slow down to their level then...", in fact, the goblin was reminded of that line a watched kettle never boils as he then resolved to ignore them now till he realised that they would then run out of water like that so he couldn't do that neither, so he just declared "...ok, I will water them while ignoring them too, yes I think my wife has shown me how it's done..."

Last edited by fleamailman; 09-13-2016 at 11:15 AM..
anna (09-12-2016), Djafkri (09-12-2016)
Old 09-12-2016, 04:28 AM
Djafkri (Offline)
I Am My Own Master
Official Member

Thanks 72

Having only attempted to grow a dieffenbachia plant and a rubber tree, the gatecrasher wondered why the second one died and why it took forever for the other plant to grow. So maybe more sunlight or heat since it had lots of decent potting mix and water. It looked almost dead two weeks after he got it but it grew back and got healthy so he must be doing something right.

"I just checked it and they're both still really healthy but 14 inches in almost 2 years is seriously slow." he concluded, "So maybe just more study to find a solution."

So he seriously considered leaving it out on the deck but in the shade next summer. Maybe closer to the plant light this winter too. He had seen his GF's plant and it was massive but she kept hers outside in the shade. He didn't have a serious interest in plants when she bought them but he felt bad that the rubber tree didn't survive.

"It's not like getting a media player or cool new cap." he conceded, "Living presents come with a lot of responsibility too."

And he also wondered about growing vanilla orchids if the dieffenbachia became a huge win. So maybe he could learn more about orchids and borrow a few beans from the vanilla sugar canister. Now that he finally had a serious interest, it may be worth it to try.
anna (09-12-2016), fleamailman (09-12-2016)
Old 09-12-2016, 05:54 AM
anna (Offline)
Copyist
Official Member

Thanks 30

'over the top' was how he had put it then flea, imagining back through the eyes of a mother as the regiment made its advance, the sound and stench. Silently transfixed motionless there awhile in that bygone hell mire, earth suspended in its slo-mo revolution. The 19 year old man of principle with his life long sense of service had volunteered his own away in the Battle of Canal du Nord - dawn 30 September 1918. His aging back, once glimpsed, burdened the unspeakable carnage carved deep into hidden flesh.

Silently transfixed motionless there awhile in this unfolding hell fire, slo-mo revolution, earth, the turning in his grave - walking over mine - as she glimpsed again the unspeakable message of youthful flesh weeping sores of battered psyche, a waif and stray dying there in full view on bloodless heritage laden street. Tourists in shades touting obscene wealth walking defiant over man's inhumanity to man whist their pimps of empire summit somewhere.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to anna For This Useful Post:
Djafkri (09-30-2016), fleamailman (09-12-2016)
Old 09-13-2016, 06:07 AM
fleamailman (Online)
Official Member

Thanks 3,774

repost from elsewhere

"...yes, have to admit that I'm not too happy about this..." confided the goblin thanking the twins for the company still before adding "...so I guess it's pneumonia of the left knee as they claim, after all if they say that the empress is wearing clothes then who am I to go around saying that she isn't just because I can't see them for myself, but then again if it was something more fitting like parkison's then it's all eyes on her running mate tim kaine, why, because he'll then become the president incumbent in her place...", where suddenly the presenter’s voice shouts out across the heads of those transfixed viewers the ever exciting refrain "...so there you go folks, it's take your pick time, is the voter going to take the money or open that box there..."

Last edited by fleamailman; 09-14-2016 at 02:42 AM..
anna (09-15-2016)
Old 09-15-2016, 10:58 PM
anna (Offline)
Copyist
Official Member

Thanks 30

The phone rang this evening flea, an old woman whispered, 'come home, you need to come home!' somewhat perplexed
anna suggested she had the wrong number, the old lady repeated, earnestly 'I need my daughter to come home, I'm going to bed!' 'what number are you wanting?' anna shouted, thinking - outside context problem here, silence 'which number are you ringing?' she bellowed ever-so-slowly with even greater zest, there was a long pause, time crackled it's casual frustration. A sudden lucidity shot forth from the distant crone, 'ok' said anna 'I'll pass on your message!'. On finishing the call she pondered momentarily then rang the given number, an equally frail old man answered, 'I'm sorry to bother' anna began hesitantly 'but a very determined old lady wants you to know that her daughter must come home because she's going to bed - I do hope this makes sense to you', 'ah yes, yes' he faltered, spirits rising, 'yes it does - thank you! goodbye!'

Last edited by anna; 09-16-2016 at 01:13 AM..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to anna For This Useful Post:
Djafkri (09-30-2016), fleamailman (09-16-2016)
Old 09-26-2016, 01:55 AM
fleamailman (Online)
Official Member

Thanks 3,774

repost from elsewhere

"...I like that one..." went the goblin after a busy weekend, adding "...me I'm wondering if the american prison strike now in its second week is ever going to be mentioned by mainstream media, or whether the mainstream media is even allowed to mention it at all, where it amongst much else all leads me to think that if the media turns its back on the news then people in their hunger for credible news will turn their back upon that mainstream media in return, sighing "...thus youtube becomes the new news then, where its coverage has to then taken with a grain of salt for being both incorrect and speculative in nature, yet that is still more than one gets from a mainstream media that won't for this example mention the prison strike for its shedding light upon those private corporations who exploit prisoners for profit, work by the way that could just as easily be done outside prisons by americans who need that work today..."

Last edited by fleamailman; 09-27-2016 at 01:52 AM..
Djafkri (09-30-2016)
Old 09-26-2016, 02:02 AM
fleamailman (Online)
Official Member

Thanks 3,774

repost from elsewhere, the poet's return

PMing you everyday? I think I told you to fuck off once, told you to stop stealing my posts without my permission once, also I asked you if you had any substance beyond fox news.... over a period of many many months I sent you 3 messages to which you replied several times to each one.... you were a pest until I just outright ignored you. Ugh... I knew it... I fucking knew it... I knew you would make up some bullshit to seem more meaningful than you are. What are you talking about, insinuating that I don't "create"? Are you fucking serious? You spam forums... copy and paste the same rambling bullshit dozens of times, that's all you do and you're mostly ignored for it. I have written literally thousands of poems, not all of them terrible... you've got to be one of the dumbest trolls in the history of trolling. Also I noticed on this forum, still, no one really talks to you. Ha... why do you suppose that is jr? I know it pisses you off when I point that shit out to you... you're a fraud, you lie about your "view counts". It's pathetic you feel you need to mention them so much anyway. You seem like the type who uses those viewbot apps or whatever you clowns try and use these days. (hint: it's not hard to tell when losers like you do bullshit like that, it's not going to help you monetize you're awful writing) Winding you up is so easy.... ah... it's kind of boring though. You're just not that bright kid, I can only bother with you a few times a year before losing interest. Well, see you in about 3 or 4 months then. And don't worry, this idiotic thread of yours won't get muddled up with other responses. I should be able to reply to your dumb ass directly without issue as this "forum" will look exactly the same in 4 months as it does today --- because no one cares about your autistic bullshit!! Well, maybe one or two messages but, I'm thinking that's just you talking to yourself trying to seem relevant. You're pathetic dude.... get a life.
"...yay it's poet, no I never PM you till it's some reply from me, not that I want to link links proving you wrong about my readership neither, me I'm here everyday chatting with the twins by PM while you've got one thing right though I do need to restart editing my posts more, thanks for reminding me..." voiced the goblin suspecting too that the poet's non read of this post was only to be expected, adding "...and back you come each time, just you address me so I quote you, well that fair isn't it, I mean by now you know the score between us...", and with that the goblin was back to editing his posts again, smiling "...naah poet, it's not ever what you write, it's ever if you write that proved you to yourself mostly, for the pace proves the poster, a livewriter is not what he has written..."

Last edited by fleamailman; 09-26-2016 at 12:07 PM..
Djafkri (09-30-2016)
Old 09-26-2016, 02:09 AM
fleamailman (Online)
Official Member

Thanks 3,774

repost from elsewhere

"...I want to die..." voiced the goblin in his moment of despair, whereupon death upon hearing the goblin's words replied "...no that sounds all wrong to me goblin, instead I mean shouldn't you be saying to yourself "I want to live" now...", to which the goblin replied "...true enough but then wouldn't I be admitting to myself that it's not a life like this neither, I mean which is worse then me saying to myself "I want to die" or my saying your "I want to live" there where both would be simply admitting to oneself one's own dissatisfaction towards one's lot...", "...well now, I could let you live beyond your time goblin but I doubt you'd be happy witnessing the death of others in your place there..." voiced death in a comforting tone, adding "...yet that journey to self is the whole point goblin, for if not that then it's just a journey to death like with every other living creature who just lives awhile then dies away quite clueless as it were, so don't wish either to live or to die, wish to find yourself within your allotted time still...", and with that death just touched the goblin forehead in a think about it his way once more

Last edited by fleamailman; 05-16-2017 at 11:11 AM..
Djafkri (09-30-2016)
Old 09-30-2016, 04:39 AM
Djafkri (Offline)
I Am My Own Master
Official Member

Thanks 72

The gatecrasher recalled that he read about the prison labor in the USA but only in Rossiyskaya gazeta and not in the American media.
He also read all about the Republic of Srpska holding and winning a referendum to keep their 9 January Statehood day but that was in the Croatia news and not in the American media.
He even read all about the Bosnian chief prosecutor being suspended for an investigation but that wasn't in the American media either.

"The Officers of Russia NGO attacked a Moscow display by Sturges and another display with photos of Ukrainian soldiers fighting in Donetsk." he added, "Well, the President of Kyrgystan went to Russia for medical care and that was in the American media. Still dunno how it got there..."

And he wondered if American journalists got banned for trying to publish news from Xinjiang, Uzbekestan, Tajikistan, or other satellite countries around southern Kazakhstan. So many epic things happen in those countries that's never published in the west.

"I'm totally not surprised that CNN thought Beijing was in South America and Ukraine was somewhere near Pakistan." the gatecrasher concluded, "It's not easy to know things you can't even see..."
fleamailman (10-03-2016)
Old 10-03-2016, 03:24 AM
fleamailman (Online)
Official Member

Thanks 3,774

repost from elsewhere

at its simplest what most people thought was happening per se was either what was happening to them directly as in their "personal problems" or what was reported in the news to them as "the news" then, where in reality what was happening at this point was that deutschebank was going under fast, where if one were to ask someone what does this actually mean they'd be unlikely to understand themselves let alone explain its significance to others as the biggest event of this year if not of the decade even, whereupon the goblin explained "...the derivative exposure of deutschebank is twenty times bigger than the germany's annual GDP, where the german goverment's hardline towards forgiveness of any bank in the eurozone means that not only does it not have the money to facilitate things it also means that it would be unlikely to step in bailing deutschebank out if it did have that money there, moreover the latest fine by the US's DOJ of 14billion dollars for malpractice has both investors and stockholder alike leaving in mass now...", and yet at this point the media would still have one's attention transfixed upon the "daffyduck/marinthemarian show", sighing "..as if that presidential election actually mattered even, for it's the same poisoned chalice for whomever comes into power..."

Last edited by fleamailman; 10-09-2016 at 01:46 AM..
Djafkri (10-04-2016)

WritersBeat.com > General Discussion > Writers' Cafe