WritersBeat.com

Go Back   WritersBeat.com > General Discussion > Writers' Cafe

Writers' Cafe Get a drink, sit down to relax, and chit-chat with other writers.

Grindhouse Writers Group

Old 04-11-2011, 04:44 PM
RenardRoberts (Offline)
Eloquent Troll
Official Member

Thanks 16
Default Grindhouse Writers Group

Good evening beautiful people! I'm starting a writers group for fans of the weird and wonderful. I'm calling the stuff I've been writing Grindhouse Literature (or Grindhouse Prose), because I enjoy the raw, cheap thrill of Grindhouse movies and the reason behind why they are called Grindhouse.
I'm looking for writers with similar interests to share stories and write with.
I'm currently making a blog for this, which you can help with if you're interested in making web pages.

The idea I have is to post stories, poetry, news, movie talk/reviews, maybe some erotica. The subject matter that's going to be published is anything strange and wonderful. Stories about drugs, hallucinogenic nightmares, zombies, spaghetti westerns, gangsters, revolutions, serial killers, kung fu, fetishes and everything in between wouldn't be out of place. Artwork is also something I would love to be involved with, anything creative is welcome.
Literary wise I'm a fan of the beat writers mostly, but also Chuck Palaniuk, Hunter S Thompson, Elmore Leonard. Cinematically I'm a fan of Grindhouse films, Asian extreme, Tarrintinos and the like.

If this sounds up your street then let me know. I'm in the UK and although this is initially an online writers group, I'd like it to be a group that we can do more then converse online with, we are writers after all and staying indoors isn't what I want to be doing.

The site is called The Fetishist.

All comments are welcome, let me know what you think about my idea.
Also, if you are interested at all, these aren't strict rules, anybody can write about anything.

Cheers

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
PUNK RUDE BOYS DO IT BETTER!
Old 04-11-2011, 05:32 PM
butterbescotch (Offline)
Typist
Official Member

Thanks 6

I can write movie and book reviews. However, I also post them to my blog. What you think?
Old 04-12-2011, 10:48 AM
RenardRoberts (Offline)
Eloquent Troll
Official Member

Thanks 16

Yea man defiantly, I'll also put a link to your blog and vice versa for you if that’s cool, get more people reading...

I'm hoping more people get interested, you don't HAVE to be from the UK, international is cool, I just don't want a strictly internet group with no emotion running through...

Horror, erotica, extraterrestrial, anything that is 'out there'. Proper pulp fiction (as in lurid and sensational subject matter, not just the movie)....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
PUNK RUDE BOYS DO IT BETTER!

WritersBeat.com > General Discussion > Writers' Cafe