WritersBeat.com

Go Back   WritersBeat.com > Writer's Beat > Introductions

Introductions Introduce yourself; we're all writers here, nothing to hide!

Dingy and Old?

Old 05-24-2014, 08:40 PM
IZA (Offline)
Intellectually Fertile
Official Member

Thanks 16
Default Dingy and Old?

Someone already started a thread with a subject of "Shiny and New".

So that means one of two things:

(1) I am not very original. I mean, I haven't even gotten started writing and here I am, being reminded I might not be that creative.

Or: (2) great minds think alike. Which might also backfire. What if ubergeek turns out to be a dud? Does that make me a dud by association?

At least we have set up a decent question upon which to build a plot. You know, for when I make it huge and they write stories about me. "Back when he was just getting started, [our beloved IZA] was wondering aloud if he was already a failure..."

Down to the meat of it: I'm a pretty sharp cookie. I play around with complex problems for a living - everything from organizational structure to debt sales. I like red meat, brown liquor and white walls.

I sometimes sit awake at night promising myself I will start writing all the garbage that streams through my mind while I try to sleep.

This is, hopefully, the start of that. That little push. A subtle way of encouraging myself to write.

Curious how this plays out. Hopefully ubergeek is awesome and I can coat-tail that.

Old 05-25-2014, 03:46 AM
Whiskers (Offline)
Picturing the Scene

Thanks 498

Hi, IZA *raises a Jack D* good to have you here. Hope you enjoy the forums too.

Please take time to look through the FAQ; It will let you know about posting guidelines, recommended length for signatures etc.

Other than that... welcome.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

(Website warning: No under 18s (21 in some areas).
Old 05-25-2014, 05:12 AM
Neo Tanner (Offline)
Let me introduce myself
Official Member

Thanks 3
Send a message via MSN to Neo Tanner Send a message via Skype™ to Neo Tanner

Welcome to the forums, sir! I do find it funny that your and Ubergeek's titles relate. Hopefully it's great minds think alike, haha.

Dynasty Story Series:

Official Website:

Official YouTube:
The Following User Says Thank You to Neo Tanner For This Useful Post:
Whiskers (05-25-2014)

WritersBeat.com > Writer's Beat > Introductions