WritersBeat.com

Go Back   WritersBeat.com > Write Here > Free Writing

Free Writing Plot bunnies, random musings, etc. No one-liners.

what makes you so damn clever?

Old 02-04-2011, 12:19 AM
Not_Tomato_Soup (Offline)
Abnormally Articulate
Official Member

Thanks 8
Default what makes you so damn clever?

really? ripping down exit signs and stealing them? that wasnt enough, so you started tearing ceiling tiles down. first one floor, then another. listen to them crash. BOOM BOOM BOOM....BOOM

ohhh noooo. it wasnt enough that your tearing up the dorm. you had to pull the fire alarm on the coldest day in texas so far. i think... 11 degrees? with wind chill at -10?

you motherfuckers.

yet it wasn't enough.

so yeah, go pull the fire alarm again at 3 in the morning, cause NONE OF US have shit to do tomorrow. like classes. tests. shit like that. yanno?

so screw RUSH and all the damn frat initiation bull shit. if you wanna sell your individuality and personal morals so you can buy booze and friends, go ahead.

but for fucks sake, leave the people who are here at school to learn alone. im struggling as it is. academic probation anyone? the last thing i need is to be falling asleep in class.

and i swear, if i see you, hand on the alarm, pulling the handle down, im taking your ass down. then im going to pour lighter fluid on you and then FWOOSH.

there. your pulling of the alarm was not only justified, but preemptive. congrats. youre a psychic.

have a nice day.

Old 02-04-2011, 12:30 AM
Gaines (Offline)
Samuel Johnson, obviously!
Official Member

Thanks 870

Sounds about right. Good piece and well written.
Old 02-04-2011, 12:43 AM
Ethan Blake (Offline)
Heartbreaking Writer of Staggering Genius
Official Member

Thanks 347
Send a message via AIM to Ethan Blake Send a message via Skype™ to Ethan Blake

Hey Not Tomato Soup,
Had these twats at my College too, I think it go's with the territory, first time away from Mummy and Daddy. You'll probably lose a few after fresher year so don't go setting fire to any of them just yet (Waste of expensive fuel)if they're still there next year I'll supply the petrol.
Nicely written piece I enjoyed it.
Best Regards
D

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'THERE MAY BE TROUBLE AHEAD!'

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 02-04-2011, 01:34 AM
gnohms (Offline)
Scribbler
Official Member

Thanks 2

Yeah, um...., I was in a frat in college. We never did a damn thing to the freshman dorms, why would we? The only time we ever came close to them was when we were trying to get the freshman girls to come to our parties, we would never bother with the freshman guys. I'm not saying we didn't play sophmoric tricks, we did. Just that they were on each other. Any frat that had to torment freshmen who were'nt pledging their frat, or any other frat, is just lame to begin with.
Old 02-04-2011, 05:25 AM
Ethan Blake (Offline)
Heartbreaking Writer of Staggering Genius
Official Member

Thanks 347
Send a message via AIM to Ethan Blake Send a message via Skype™ to Ethan Blake

hey Gnohms,
hadn't realised the correlation between Twats and Frats before but now that you mention it ...........MMMM.

'THERE MAY BE TROUBLE AHEAD!'

Old 02-04-2011, 06:07 AM
Redlorry

What is about commual living that does this to people. I can understand why you get so fired up. Your anger comes through very well in the piece.
Old 02-04-2011, 02:18 PM
Not_Tomato_Soup (Offline)
Abnormally Articulate
Official Member

Thanks 8

Originally Posted by gnohms View Post
Yeah, um...., I was in a frat in college. We never did a damn thing to the freshman dorms, why would we? The only time we ever came close to them was when we were trying to get the freshman girls to come to our parties, we would never bother with the freshman guys. I'm not saying we didn't play sophmoric tricks, we did. Just that they were on each other. Any frat that had to torment freshmen who were'nt pledging their frat, or any other frat, is just lame to begin with.
These are just my views from what I've seen so far. Feel free to disagree, it's nothing but a silly rant.
Old 02-04-2011, 11:08 PM
gnohms (Offline)
Scribbler
Official Member

Thanks 2

Wasn't really disagreeing, there were frats in my school who did do stupid stuff like you described. I just was saying that they all weren't like that.
Old 02-09-2011, 05:43 AM
El D. (Offline)
The Next Bard
Official Member

Thanks 26

Originally Posted by Not_Tomato_Soup View Post
if you wanna sell your individuality and personal morals so you can buy booze and friends, go ahead.
perfect. I dealt with so many dick rider frat kids in college. See, i skateboard. I have been skateboarding for over a decade. In college everywhere i went i was on a skateboard. I would pass frat houses. I swear i have never met such a bunch of ignorant dipshits.

"DO A KICKFLIP!"

ok fine. ill do a kickflip. Ill do a nollie flip. Nollie treflip. Who gives a shit? Why are you so interested now that youre all washed up at only twenty two years old? What the fuck do you want from me? Youre drunk. You act cool with me now, but rest assured, as soon as im talking to some fine young woman at your party youre gonna be a total fucking dick.

I know not all frat kids are like that, but man for the most part every fraternity i ever dealt with in college was chock full of retarded, overcompensating drunks with no actual talent.

Sorry.
Old 02-09-2011, 11:59 AM
Justified (Offline)
Pencil pusher
Official Member

Good job.

I'm from UK so the whole frat thing is alien to me, other than what I've seen on TV or in the movies. What I can comment on though is the mood you captured. You've done a great job of conveying that 'zone' you get in when someone or something pisses you off and you just have this stream of consciousness (correct phrase?) where you often use phrases you don't normally use, and often in the midst of all the rage you find space for some ironic humor I usually find for some reason in these situations comedy timing improves 10 fold, I think it may be like a safety valve to stop myself completely blowing a gasket.

Anyway, I digress. Very nicely done. As we used to say at school "Tick VG"

WritersBeat.com > Write Here > Free Writing