WritersBeat.com

Go Back   WritersBeat.com > Writer's Beat > Introductions

Introductions Introduce yourself; we're all writers here, nothing to hide!

Hello!

Old 08-04-2009, 12:51 PM
Essence (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 37

You digust me.

I have decided, I am not going to hijack this thread anymore. Jimmy, that's why there is your thread. So let's use it, yes?

Candra, I shall leave your thread in peace. So sorry if I am behaving childish. Let's be friends yes?

Old 08-04-2009, 12:59 PM
Slick-Jimmy (Offline)
Legend
Official Member

Thanks 134

Again, sorry Candra. Thanks for being patient.

Jimmy Out.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 08-04-2009, 09:38 PM
London Calling (Offline)
Verbosity Pales
Official Member

Thanks 60

Hello Candra!

I see you have had your thread hi-jacked already! Thats a great start to any forum right?

Here is a little something to set the mood...

How come the dove gets to be the peace symbol? How about the pillow? It has more feathers than the dove, and it doesn't have that dangerous beak.

Gets you thinking doesn't it?
See you in the forum
LC
Old 08-04-2009, 09:46 PM
Slick-Jimmy (Offline)
Legend
Official Member

Thanks 134

Ooooo, so profound, London... Where do you find the time to be so fetchingly lascivious with all that deep meditative philosophizing you practice?

Next think you know the cup will be upside down, and still completely full...

I think it has to do with inverse hydraulic psychic pressure, but I'm just a lil' murky on the mechanics of pseudo-theoretical philosophical-physics...

Jimmy Out

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 08-04-2009, 10:14 PM
London Calling (Offline)
Verbosity Pales
Official Member

Thanks 60

Ha ha...it is the gift of multi-tasking my dear!
Old 08-04-2009, 10:30 PM
Slick-Jimmy (Offline)
Legend
Official Member

Thanks 134

Ah... How zen of you... It's so clear now...

Jimmy Out.

Old 08-05-2009, 09:44 AM
CandraH

Last edited by CandraH; 07-27-2010 at 01:29 PM..
Old 08-05-2009, 09:49 AM
Slick-Jimmy (Offline)
Legend
Official Member

Thanks 134

Thanks you, my dear. We aim to please. Are you in the Highlands or a city dweller? It's been a few years since I was up on lochs. Wore a kilt and everything, just to act like an idiot tourist while playing golf...

Jimmy Out.

Old 08-05-2009, 09:50 AM
Essence (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 37

KK. Yaya! Permission to hijack yet another thread (yep that's right, this isn't my first hijack - do you remener that London? Me, you and Chaos? Maybe it was her but, I think it was you with the gernade...)

I'll ignore the pun so I don't blow a fuse.

Catch ya later!
Old 08-11-2009, 05:32 AM
CandraH

Last edited by CandraH; 07-27-2010 at 01:30 PM..
Old 08-11-2009, 08:32 AM
Slick-Jimmy (Offline)
Legend
Official Member

Thanks 134

Candra,

Early fall 1999, I was touring around on one of my trips, and me and a couple of friends bounced around in Wales and England for about three weeks, but all of us wanted to see Scotland, so we jammed the train up to Edinburgh, and hung out there for three days, and we met a girl name a Morgan Iversen, or better said my friend Dave did. She was a sweet lil' lass, and very friendly, well, least she was with Dave...at first. We wanted to go up and see Loch Ness, look for Nessy and all that, and hit the links somewhere nearby.

I bought a Wallace tartan in Edinburgh that was entirely too expensive for me, but I've always been partial to that plaid more than my family's official tartan, besides it's William freakin' Wallace, and who doesn't love him, except for the English? I wore that damn thing the rest of the time I was there. Spend most of my time pulling my friends out of pubs, and keeping them from getting into fights with Scottish hooligans. Luckily, I don't drink, or we really would have been in trouble.

Anyway, Morgan knew a good place to rent a car, so we could drive up to Inverness, and after that over to Loch Ness. Morgan came with us as kind of a guide, but really more as entertainment for Dave. That was quite a ride. It was a dinky lil' Mini from the 70's, and we had to fit all our gear, and the four of us in to it, so it was a tight fit, but it was cheap, and ran well. So, whatever. Keeping Dave and Clint out of trouble was interesting, but most of the villages were mellow, and they behaved themselves...sorta'. Dave and Morgan had started sniping at each other about halfway, as the sheen of their whirlwind romance wore quickly thin. If we stepped out of the car, we all got soggy rather quickly. It was cloudy or raining most of the time, but everybody said that was normal. The sun peeked out a few times though. Beautiful country, but the mountains are kind of small compared to what I'm used to here in the American West.

Tried Haggis. I guess it's an acquired taste, as it's not the most favorite thing I ever ate. Had lots of mutton. Tallow takes some getting used to as well. So I also ate a lots of fish. I love fish. We got to Inverness, and by that time Dave and Morgan were bickering almost constantly. We played golf outside of Inverness. It was cold as a witch's tit, but I played 18 holes in that damned kilt nonetheless. Never can remember the name of the bloody course though. Renting the clubs was expensive too. Even back then Scotland, well, all of Britain for that matter wasn't cheap. Dave left Morgan at the inn we were staying at, while we played golf, and she was pissed. He should have just have taken her along.

Still afterwards we went down the length of Loch Ness, and no, we didn't look for Nessy. Clint wanted us to take a stupid picture with a big painted monster on a sigh outside this restaurant, so I guess we did find Nessy, kinda'. We did dip our toes in the Loch. Pretty murky water that, and cold. Jeeminy!

By that time Morgan and Dave weren't talking, and things were kind of strained. Clint and Dave just wanted to ditch her, rent some gea,r and go camping up in the Highlands. Morgan didn't have any money, and was just tagging along and mooching off of us, but we had told her in Edinburgh that was cool, but Dave was pissed, and Clint didn't care, because Morgan never really gave him the time of day anyway.

She and I were still getting on fine, so I felt bad for her. Truth is, I didn't want to spend any time out in the waterlogged wilderness of the Highlands. I was perfectly content to stay indoors, and relatively dry, but Dave was insistent. He'd had enough of Morgan, and had got this grand adventuring idea of roughing it out in the wilderness stuck in his head, which Clint was all for, so I said that I was going to stay with Morgan, and we'd meet up back in Glasgow.

They weren't very happy about, but I'd been on tour were I had split with my traveling companions to do others stuff, so Morgan and I head farther south west to Loch Lochy in the Mini, while Clint and Dave rented a Landrover to go mucking about up in the hills. Morgan and I were platonic and enjoy one another's company. She was cute in her way, but not really my time for romance.

We went down to the sea, and took a ferry out to the Isle of Islay. It was really cool out there. We went dancing two nights in a row, and I ended up messing about with a girl I met. Morgan was goofing on me the whole time. I said goodbye to the saucy lass I had entertained (her name was Gwena,) and we took the ferry to the Isle of Gigha, drove around seeing this and that, then took the ferry to Ayr.

In Ayr, a seaport I quite liked, it was either turn north east and go up to Glasgow, or head south along the coast. I didn't really want to go to Glasgow, and to tell you the truth, I was tired of pulling Dave and Clint's drunken asses out of harm's way, so I wanted to go south. Morgan was cool with that, so we followed the coast down to Portpatrick. Beautiful place. Then headed east in and out of those finger peninsulas over to by Gretna on the border with England.

I actually quite liked Morgan as a traveling companion, and she was great winggirl to help me hook up with chicks along the way. I offered to take her down to England, but she said she had to get back to Edinburgh. Funny thing was, that whole western seaboard was as new to her as it was to me. She'd never been there. She called a friend, and they sent her a ticket back home, and so with a hug and a kiss I said goodbye to Morgan.

I still write to her in an email now and then. She was a cool chick, even if she had questionable taste in men. I never got to Glasgow on that trip. I did another time, but I didn't much care for that city. It's kind of grungy. No offense. I never did hook back up with Dave and Clint, so that was the extent of my wild Scottish adventure. I was still wearing my kilt far into England. The Scottish just goofed on me about it, but the English gave me the funniest looks. Never bought a sporan to go with it though. My Wallace kilt is now hanging safely in my closet. Dry cleaned, of course.

Well, my heavens, I bet you didn't expect that long a travelogue of a story, did you?

But now you know...

Jimmy Out.

Old 08-11-2009, 09:05 AM
Paco (Offline)
Heartbreaking Writer of Staggering Genius
Official Member

Thanks 150

Oh thank you, Decider of Fates; we finally have been rewarded with that rarest of all: a writer of horror/science-fiction/dark fantasy. Let the welcoming fetes begin. Welcome, y'all! Have a Shirley Temple.
Old 08-11-2009, 09:11 AM
Slick-Jimmy (Offline)
Legend
Official Member

Thanks 134

Sarcasm with a side of sardonic spite anyone?

My, look who's grumpy today...

Don't mind Paco, he's our resident taciturn, warrior-poet curmudgeon.

Jimmy Out.

Old 08-11-2009, 09:33 AM
Paco (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 150

Eh! Everybody has to be somebody. I've been stuck with me all my life. Slick gets to change everyday. (Sardonic grin.)
Old 08-11-2009, 12:30 PM
Essence (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 37

Why Jimmy, what an intresting story. A lil random but fun to read. Enterainment on someone else's introuction thread once again. C ya!
Old 08-12-2009, 09:58 AM
CandraH

Last edited by CandraH; 07-27-2010 at 01:30 PM..
Old 08-12-2009, 10:08 AM
CandraH

Last edited by CandraH; 07-27-2010 at 01:31 PM..
Old 08-12-2009, 12:41 PM
Paco (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 150

Originally Posted by CandraH View Post
Ouch! What would you rather I did, write pretty romances? Anyway, its not the cliche but you do with it that counts, right? :wink:

So, nice to meet you Paco. I think. Be looking out for ya...
Yes. I would rather you write pretty romances--without cliches. But that's just me. I'm sure you will find a large audience for the SF stuff--which to me has been cliche since Bradbury. Still, I shall watch for your stuff. C'mon in; the water's cold.
Old 08-12-2009, 12:43 PM
Slick-Jimmy (Offline)
Legend
Official Member

Thanks 134

No, it isn't... Paco just peed in it... Heh...

Jimmy Out.

WritersBeat.com > Writer's Beat > Introductions