WritersBeat.com

Go Back   WritersBeat.com > General Discussion > Writers' Cafe

Writers' Cafe Get a drink, sit down to relax, and chit-chat with other writers.

Where do you live?

Old 01-22-2006, 02:56 PM
DFischer (Offline)
Got Fisch?
Official Member

Thanks 168
Send a message via AIM to DFischer
Where do you live?

Hehe, thought this might be a fun topic.

Where do you all live?

I live in Los Angeles, around Hollywood.

It's alright here, nothing like the idealistic place to live in. We get ALOT of tourists here. They bassically think L.A is like "venice beach/hollywood" in the movies. But it's really not, hehe, kinda boring sometimes.

Anyway, where do you live?

Personal site:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Please critique other's work before asking to get critique on your own.
Old 01-22-2006, 03:50 PM
Perfect_Paradox (Offline)
Better than Darth.
Loyal Member

Thanks 0
Send a message via AIM to Perfect_Paradox

same as you. Actually I drove down Sunset today, it was fun.
Old 01-22-2006, 04:11 PM
HobGadling (Offline)
Scribbling Master
Official Member

Thanks 0

A suburb of Minneapolis, Minnesota. It's cold here!
Old 01-22-2006, 04:48 PM
Zero (Offline)
Scribbler
Official Member

Send a message via AIM to Zero

I live in Stockton, which is in the valley of wonderful CA. Bleh. I didn't know this city existed until I actually moved here. It's ridiculously lame here.
Old 01-22-2006, 05:45 PM
starrwriter (Offline)
Verbosity Pales
Official Member

Thanks 4

Honolulu, Hawaii -- islands of balmy torch-lit nights, the perfume of frangipani (hibiscus) blossoms in the air and coconut palms swaying on white-sand beaches.
Old 01-22-2006, 05:54 PM
FlaretoBe☺ (Offline)
Intellectually Fertile
Official Member

Thanks 0

raleigh, north carolina. I like it here, its not the most exciting place in the world, but I like it here. it's home
One day a man was walking in the woods when he encountered a tiger. He fled in terror and the tiger pursued him. He eventually got to a cliff, climbed down a vine and dangled from it to escape the tiger's jaws. Then a pair of mice came out of a hole and began to knaw on the vine. The tiger growled hungrily the top of the cliff, and the vine was thinning. As it was about to break, the man noticed a strawberry growing from the vine. He ate it and said "Mmm...damn good strawberry".
Old 01-22-2006, 10:52 PM
starrwriter (Offline)
Verbosity Pales
Official Member

Thanks 4

Originally Posted by FlaretoBe☺
raleigh, north carolina. I like it here, its not the most exciting place in the world, but I like it here. it's home
Years ago I spent some time with my best friend and his wife in Raleigh when he was attending UNC. Not a bad place, but I recall an infernal haze that hung in the air every day. I lived in California at the time and easterners had the nerve to poke fun at LA smog.
Old 01-22-2006, 11:32 PM
Booj (Offline)
Pencil pusher
Official Member

Thanks 0

Originally Posted by HobGadling
A suburb of Minneapolis, Minnesota. It's cold here!
Oh, bah, stop your whining boy! I used to live in Minnesota, only four hours north of you. THAT was cold! Minneapolis was chilly at worst. Sauna, then run outside when it's below zero, and tell me cold!

But now, I live in a suburb of Boise, Idaho. When people complain about cold, I hit them. It rarely gets below freezing here.
Old 01-23-2006, 09:23 AM
Dalton (Offline)
Half Man, Half Amazing
Official Member

Thanks 14
Send a message via AIM to Dalton Send a message via Yahoo to Dalton

I'm living in Royal Oak, MI right now. Its outside of Detroit and some may call it a suburb, but its really not. I am hoping to move to Utah in the next year tho. I want sun. I know it may not always be warm, but at least the average amount of sunny days per year is high.
Old 01-23-2006, 01:11 PM
trapped (Offline)
I Am My Own Master
Official Member

Thanks 0

Durham, North Carolina.
Old 01-23-2006, 02:34 PM
Caste (Offline)
Typist
Official Member

Thanks 0

PEI, Canada
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...Island-map.png

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prince_Edward_Island
Old 01-23-2006, 06:49 PM
HobGadling (Offline)
Scribbling Master
Official Member

Thanks 0

Originally Posted by Booj
Oh, bah, stop your whining boy! I used to live in Minnesota, only four hours north of you. THAT was cold! Minneapolis was chilly at worst. Sauna, then run outside when it's below zero, and tell me cold!

But now, I live in a suburb of Boise, Idaho. When people complain about cold, I hit them. It rarely gets below freezing here.
Touche. My grandparents have a cabin about an hour above the north shore, and man! Snow EVERYWHERE by october. The only thing colder than Minnesota is north Minnesota
Old 01-23-2006, 07:16 PM
starrwriter (Offline)
Verbosity Pales
Official Member

Thanks 4

Originally Posted by HobGadling
The only thing colder than Minnesota is north Minnesota.
Unless it's Thule, Greenland. An Air Force buddy of mine found an airman frozen to death 30 yards from the hut door. The guy went outside in a winter blizzard to empty garbage, didn't wear protective clothing, and was flash frozen before he ever reached the garbage cans.
Old 01-24-2006, 02:15 PM
FlaretoBe☺ (Offline)
Intellectually Fertile
Official Member

Thanks 0

Originally Posted by starrwriter
Years ago I spent some time with my best friend and his wife in Raleigh when he was attending UNC. Not a bad place, but I recall an infernal haze that hung in the air every day. I lived in California at the time and easterners had the nerve to poke fun at LA smog.
haha...i have actually never noticed any "haze" in the air. maybe you were closer to downtown, downtown raleigh SUCKS.
One day a man was walking in the woods when he encountered a tiger. He fled in terror and the tiger pursued him. He eventually got to a cliff, climbed down a vine and dangled from it to escape the tiger's jaws. Then a pair of mice came out of a hole and began to knaw on the vine. The tiger growled hungrily the top of the cliff, and the vine was thinning. As it was about to break, the man noticed a strawberry growing from the vine. He ate it and said "Mmm...damn good strawberry".
Old 01-24-2006, 02:31 PM
DFischer (Offline)
Got Fisch?
Official Member

Thanks 168
Send a message via AIM to DFischer

Okay L.A smog is the worst I believe. Let me just tell you how bad it is, if you go up to the valley and look down at the city, you see a brown haze hovering over it!

Eww =(

Personal site:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Please critique other's work before asking to get critique on your own.
Old 01-24-2006, 03:14 PM
Occasionalpoet (Offline)
Word Wizard
Official Member

Thanks 0

I live in a small compartment in the corner of your basement. I live in continously jealously of those who can withstand sunlight. When your children disappear in the night, I take them away. When your lover is found in an alley way not too far from your house, chopped up and tortured, I do it. When I burn your house down with you in it, as I escape into the night, I want you to die knowing it was me.

Did I freak you out? Spoken like a ture sychopath, huh? In actuallity I live in a remote town in Indiana. Pretty cold here now but not as cold as Minnesota would be so I won't complain. =)

“The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite insane.”-Nikola Tesla
Old 01-24-2006, 05:17 PM
trapped (Offline)
I Am My Own Master
Official Member

Thanks 0

Originally Posted by FlaretoBe☺
Better than Durham.
Old 01-24-2006, 06:02 PM
TheSeed (Offline)
Abnormally Articulate
Official Member

Thanks 0

San Fransisco Bay Area.
Old 01-24-2006, 06:21 PM
starrwriter (Offline)
Verbosity Pales
Official Member

Thanks 4

Originally Posted by Occasionalpoet
I live in a small compartment in the corner of your basement. I live in continously jealously of those who can withstand sunlight. When your children disappear in the night, I take them away. When your lover is found in an alley way not too far from your house, chopped up and tortured, I do it. When I burn your house down with you in it, as I escape into the night, I want you to die knowing it was me. Did I freak you out? Spoken like a ture sychopath, huh? In actuallity I live in a remote town in Indiana. Pretty cold here now but not as cold as Minnesota would be so I won't complain.
I thought all American psychopaths came from Indiana.

(Joking! Actually, I'm a Hoosier myself, born in Jeffersonville.)
Old 01-24-2006, 06:23 PM
starrwriter (Offline)
Verbosity Pales
Official Member

Thanks 4

Originally Posted by TheSeed
San Fransisco Bay Area.
Damn good place. I lived there three different times in my life. I liked Marin County the best.
Old 01-24-2006, 06:31 PM
TheSeed (Offline)
Abnormally Articulate
Official Member

Thanks 0

Damn good place. I lived there three different times in my life. I liked Marin County the best.
Oh well guess where i live? Marin County, ha. Yeah i love it hear, its gotten slightly infested with yuppies and soccer moms as the years pass, but it still has its grass roots and politically concious heritage. In my opinion its one of the most beautiful places to live, back in the day im sure it was even more so. Living in the bay area is great because it has so much culture from the 1800's, 50's and 60's, i went to see the On The Road scroll in the public library in the city over the weekend, it was damn cool.
Old 01-24-2006, 10:23 PM
starrwriter (Offline)
Verbosity Pales
Official Member

Thanks 4

Oh well guess where i live? Marin County ...
Lucky you. When I was in the Air Force, I spent most of my off-duty time in Marin. Dated girls from Mill Valley and San Anselmo. Saw Van Morrison at a club in San Rafael. Drank my first mead at the Renaissance Fair. One toke over the line in Muir Woods. Those were the days.
Old 01-24-2006, 10:34 PM
TheSeed (Offline)
Abnormally Articulate
Official Member

Thanks 0

Man I bet. Its got some great parks and beaches thats for sure.
Old 01-25-2006, 08:08 AM
Occasionalpoet (Offline)
Word Wizard
Official Member

Thanks 0

I thought all American psychopaths came from Indiana.

(Joking! Actually, I'm a Hoosier myself, born in Jeffersonville.)
Glad to see another Hoosier wandering around the net. You don't run into people from Indiana on the net so often. And as for the psychopath part, its just me. My family has a article of representation(Edited for security reasons)

********'s Creed
We hold these truths to be self evident that all ********'s are created slightly twisted. It is therefore incumbent upon the world to adapt or to get out of our way.

“The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite insane.”-Nikola Tesla
Old 01-25-2006, 08:54 AM
starrwriter (Offline)
Verbosity Pales
Official Member

Thanks 4

Man I bet. Its got some great parks and beaches thats for sure.
Unusual women, too. Here's my most memorable two-part Marin story:

I was dating Keven, a wild 19-year-old blonde college student who lived with her parents in a posh Mill Valley house. One night she invites me to a pool party and asks me to bring stash. I show up and notice I'm the ONLY guy among a dozen bikini-clad girls. Keven wasn't the jealous type and she shared me with her friends. I felt like I had died and gone to heaven.

Then Keven's parents come home and the old man gives me the evil eye. I ask Keven what her father does for a living. "He's a federal prosecutor in San Francisco," she says nonchalantly.

I went from heaven to hell in two seconds flat. I could picture the newspaper headlines in my mind:

Federal Prosecutor Busts Dope Fiend In Home
Vows 30-Year Prison Sentence
For Raping Teen Daughter And Friends

Fortunately, it never happened, but I didn't want to push my luck, so I started dating a girl Keven introduced me to. Kathy and I went dancing, camping, etc. for the next few months and I was really starting to fall for her. Then one day I get a call from Keven, who says she has news about Kathy I won't like at all.

Seems that just before we met, Kathy had a serious bicycling accident. She fractured her skull and was in a coma for a couple weeks. While unconscious, she had a dream in which she promised God to devote her life to religious work. I was her last fling before she entered a convent in San Rafael. She didn't tell me about all this, Keven explained, because she was afraid it would scare me off. (!!!)

I rushed to the convent and tried to talk Kathy out of her decision. She just kept saying, "Poor Bill."

After that my Air Force buddies introduced me to newcomers as the guy who turns good-looking young women into nuns. They never let me live it down.

(Keven still lives in Marin and works as a professional photographer. Kathy is a nun in Los Angeles.)
Old 01-26-2006, 03:14 PM
eightbit (Offline)
Abnormally Articulate
Official Member

Thanks 0
Send a message via AIM to eightbit

Im from Lafayette, LA. Second largest city in Louisiana now that New Orleans is dead.
Old 01-26-2006, 05:00 PM
Christianne_015 (Offline)
Profusive Denizen
Official Member

Thanks 0
Send a message via ICQ to Christianne_015 Send a message via AIM to Christianne_015 Send a message via MSN to Christianne_015 Send a message via Yahoo to Christianne_015

I live in Oregon, U.S.A. I'm not telling the exact place that I live, though. He he. Let's just say that I was born and raised for the first ten years of my life in Portland (Oregon). I miss Portland. I just love humongous cities.
Old 01-30-2006, 11:55 AM
kerrioke (Offline)
I Am My Own Master
Official Member

Thanks 0

I live in suburban Houston--Sugar Land, Texas. It's like Stepford here. I prefer Chicago. Lived there for 15 years. It's a little (probably a lot) too red for me down here.
Aside from here, I've lived coast-to-coast and overseas.
Ideally, I'd like to have a small home-base and travel with my laptop, of course.
Hey, Starrwriter, I'm an
Air force brat.
Old 01-30-2006, 12:14 PM
starrwriter (Offline)
Verbosity Pales
Official Member

Thanks 4

Originally Posted by kerrioke
I live in suburban Houston--Sugar Land, Texas.
Is it the same city where the Goldie Hawn film "The Sugarland Express" was directed by Steven Speilberg?

Originally Posted by kerrioke
Hey, Starrwriter, I'm an Air force brat.
You have my deepest sympathies. Jim Morrison was also an Air Force brat and look what happened to him.
Old 01-30-2006, 08:32 PM
TheSeed (Offline)
Abnormally Articulate
Official Member

Thanks 0

Unusual women, too. Here's my most memorable two-part Marin story:

I was dating Keven, a wild 19-year-old blonde college student who lived with her parents in a posh Mill Valley house. One night she invites me to a pool party and asks me to bring stash. I show up and notice I'm the ONLY guy among a dozen bikini-clad girls. Keven wasn't the jealous type and she shared me with her friends. I felt like I had died and gone to heaven.

Then Keven's parents come home and the old man gives me the evil eye. I ask Keven what her father does for a living. "He's a federal prosecutor in San Francisco," she says nonchalantly.

I went from heaven to hell in two seconds flat. I could picture the newspaper headlines in my mind:

Federal Prosecutor Busts Dope Fiend In Home
Vows 30-Year Prison Sentence
For Raping Teen Daughter And Friends

Fortunately, it never happened, but I didn't want to push my luck, so I started dating a girl Keven introduced me to. Kathy and I went dancing, camping, etc. for the next few months and I was really starting to fall for her. Then one day I get a call from Keven, who says she has news about Kathy I won't like at all.

Seems that just before we met, Kathy had a serious bicycling accident. She fractured her skull and was in a coma for a couple weeks. While unconscious, she had a dream in which she promised God to devote her life to religious work. I was her last fling before she entered a convent in San Rafael. She didn't tell me about all this, Keven explained, because she was afraid it would scare me off. (!!!)

I rushed to the convent and tried to talk Kathy out of her decision. She just kept saying, "Poor Bill."

After that my Air Force buddies introduced me to newcomers as the guy who turns good-looking young women into nuns. They never let me live it down.

(Keven still lives in Marin and works as a professional photographer. Kathy is a nun in Los Angeles.)
Man i hope i get to do shit like this in my life.

WritersBeat.com > General Discussion > Writers' Cafe