WritersBeat.com

Go Back   WritersBeat.com > The Billboard > Writing Markets

Writing Markets Calls for submissions, paying and non-paying markets.

Submissions artparasites.com

Old 11-18-2013, 09:56 AM
ArtParasites (Offline)
Let me introduce myself
New Author

Thanks 0
Default Submissions artparasites.com

Creative and Progressive? WE ARE LOOKING FOR SUBMISSIONS!

Artparasites is Berlin's leading English magazine and we are now looking for writing talent across the globe! If you have connections skills and will then this is for you!

With over 13,500 Fb Follwers and an international reach and team this is a great opportunity to have your name seen.

Currently we are seeking submissions between 400-800 words- All topics must revolve around art in someway (opinion, interview, review)

Personality, Heat and Courage are what's needed here!

www.artparasites.com
www.facebook.com/berlinartparasites

we look forward to hearing from you
All the best,

Art Parasites team

Old 10-21-2015, 08:59 AM
jaygreeny (Offline)
Let me introduce myself
New Author

Thanks 0
Default submission artparasites.com

Hi there,

How do I submit to your wonderful site?

-Jaygreeny
Old 10-22-2015, 10:25 AM
jimr (Offline)
The Next Bard
Official Member

Thanks 47

The site is unavailable. Private message me if this is a paying market, if you like, and I'll follow up. Good luck.
Old 10-23-2015, 07:04 AM
poirot (Offline)
Scribbling Master
Official Member

Thanks 105

Originally Posted by jimr View Post
The site is unavailable. Private message me if this is a paying market, if you like, and I'll follow up. Good luck.
You might want to try again today. I tried and it started loading. I lacked the patience to let it finish, but it seemed to be available.
Old 10-23-2015, 09:15 AM
jaygreeny (Offline)
Let me introduce myself
New Author

Thanks 0

What do you mean a paying market. i want to submit writing to Berlin art-parasites...can I do that here?

Sorry I am new to this site and am very confused.

Jay
Old 10-23-2015, 05:54 PM
poirot (Offline)
Scribbling Master
Official Member

Thanks 105

A paying market is a magazine or website that pays the author for the privilege of publishing the story. There are some who don't pay, so you get exposure and nothing more. Exposure, while nice, doesn't pay thr rent, so some folks prefer to focus only on those that pay.

This site is support and chat only. To submit, follow the link in the original post.
Old 10-27-2015, 05:38 AM
Binx B

I think most people sub for the writing credits or exposure or just to say they've been published, because most short story markets pay peanuts. Something like Glimmer Train or The Kenyon Review can pay a few hundred bucks, but the competition is crazy. And even a prestigious mag like Carve only pays 50 bucks a story.

I suppose it's possible that a credit from a non-paying market might be just as good or better than one that pays, depending on reputation or readership. So I probably wouldn't dismiss one out of hand just because it doesn't pay.

You'd probably have to crank out and submit a serious number of short stories to make any kind of real impact on your budget. And you might be able to pay rent for a month if you live with your parents. But you probably could earn enough from a story to celebrate with a dinner for two at a chain restaurant and maybe even get a delicious appetizer.

BTW: If anyone gets published before Dec. 1, I've got a Chili's coupon for one free entree. Just PM me.

Last edited by Binx B; 10-27-2015 at 10:01 AM..

WritersBeat.com > The Billboard > Writing Markets