WritersBeat.com

Go Back   WritersBeat.com > Writer's Beat > Members' Feedback

Members' Feedback Suggestions, complaints, requests, questions, protests, etc.

I have an issue

Old 07-05-2014, 02:38 AM
sajidalilashari (Offline)
Scribbler
Official Member

Thanks 3
Default I have an issue

Dear Sir/Madam,

I have been getting following messages, when I try to post something in the forum"Free Writing & Non-Fiction"can any one please guide me that, if I have done thing wrong. Actually I had been unable to be online for 2 months due to some reasons, is this the reason that has caused the following message, please guide me.

Regards

"sajidalilashari, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
If you're trying to post a story and you're a newly registered user with less than 5 posts this would be a reason you're seeing this page.

To fix this, please make at least 5 posts in the community and you'll be good to go!
  1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation."

Old 07-05-2014, 02:56 AM
Devon (Offline)
Guard Dog and Playful Pup
Senior Moderator

Thanks 1,696

please make at least 5 posts in the community and you'll be good to go!
Currently you have two posts. Make three more somewhere (Cafe, Board Games, Introductions greeting others in the community) and you'll be able to post in our Write Here section.

The five-post rule is to stop bots from posting junk, and post-and-run people who have no intention of becoming good, contributing members.

Just don't post up one-liners (e.g. "I liked it!" or "Great job!" <-- we frown on those) in the Write Here sections to others' work. They'll all be deleted, along with whatever you post up, and you'd have to start all over again.

Twisty mind candy:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

The Following User Says Thank You to Devon For This Useful Post:
sajidalilashari (07-05-2014)
Old 07-05-2014, 03:02 AM
sajidalilashari (Offline)
Scribbler
Official Member

Thanks 3

I see, thanks for your guidance, actually I am new writer, I have never written anything before, I want to write articles, for this reason I have written one, I want it to be evaluated, could you please help me in this regard. Where should I post it? In the above said sections (as you mentioned). Regards & Thanks again.
Old 07-05-2014, 03:03 AM
Whiskers (Offline)
Picturing the Scene

Thanks 498

Hi Saj. (edit: Devon beat me to it)

The Wrietr's Beat FAQ offers the following when it comes to posting in the forum you wish to access (Write here and the free writing thread etc):
Newbies and Introduction Threads

No writing site is interested in one-hit wonders. To avoid these, we ask that new members post a thread in the Introduction forum. After that, they are required to make four more posts anywhere on the forums to reach five posts. After five posts, newbies can create threads in the Write Here forums.

Be sensible. Creating five introduction threads will not get you around the 5-post rule. Your threads will be deleted or merged, putting you back to square one. Similarly, posts along of the lines of “That was great” or “Keep up the good work” will be deleted.

We know you are in a hurry to post your own work for critique, but if you want established members to comment on your work, politeness dictates that you make an effort to comment on theirs.
Please note you have only made two posts. You just need to circulate more into the community before posting work straight for critique.

The FAQ will help you out on most things you need to know. You can aslo contact a staff member if you're having difficulty.

(Website warning: No under 18s (21 in some areas).
The Following User Says Thank You to Whiskers For This Useful Post:
sajidalilashari (07-05-2014)
Old 07-14-2014, 02:25 PM
Gaines (Offline)
Samuel Johnson, obviously!
Official Member

Thanks 870

Okay Slumdog this shit is not that difficult. Do your five posts and circulate about the forum. Each forum tells the reader what type of posting is done on that particular site. Follow the yellow brick road and before you know it you'll be in Oz.

We did have an intellectual site for a time but it is now defunct. What's really sad is that we were one or two philosophical musings from finding out the "meaning of life." If you know the answer to that question do us all a huge favor and keep it to yourself.
Franklin (07-14-2014)
Old 07-15-2014, 05:36 AM
Non Serviam (Offline)
Heartbreaking Writer of Staggering Genius
Official Member

Thanks 590

Could the title of this thread be edited, please? It does not behove a writer's site to display on its front page the phrase "I have a complain".
;

English is a strange language. It can be understood through tough thorough thought though.
The Following User Says Thank You to Non Serviam For This Useful Post:
Franklin (07-15-2014)
Old 07-15-2014, 05:58 AM
Franklin (Offline)
Homer's Odyssey Was Nothing
Official Member

Thanks 314

behoove
Gaines (07-15-2014)
Old 07-15-2014, 07:12 AM
Mohican (Offline)
Tall Poppy
Administration

Thanks 679

behove (bɪˈhəʊv) or behoove
vb

1. (tr; impersonal) to be necessary or fitting for: it behoves me to arrest you.
[Old English behōfian; related to Middle Low German behōven]

If John of Patmos would browse the internet today for half an hour, I don't know if the Book of Revelations would be entirely different or entirely the same.
Old 07-15-2014, 07:17 AM
Non Serviam (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 590

Originally Posted by Franklin View Post
behoove
Either. It's like advisor and adviser: there are two valid spellings.
;

English is a strange language. It can be understood through tough thorough thought though.
Old 07-15-2014, 07:23 AM
Mohican (Offline)
Tall Poppy
Administration

Thanks 679

Non - thank you for sending me to my dictionary!

If John of Patmos would browse the internet today for half an hour, I don't know if the Book of Revelations would be entirely different or entirely the same.
Old 07-15-2014, 07:58 AM
Franklin (Offline)
Homer's Odyssey Was Nothing
Official Member

Thanks 314

My error. Should have checked.
Old 07-15-2014, 10:06 AM
Mohican (Offline)
Tall Poppy
Administration

Thanks 679

Franklin - don't sweat it - there are a lot of minor English/US discrepencies

English - Colour
US - Color

English - Endeavour
US - Endeavor

English - Tooth
US - Teeth

Old 07-15-2014, 01:12 PM
Non Serviam (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 590

Originally Posted by Mohican View Post
Franklin - don't sweat it - there are a lot of minor English/US discrepencies

English - Colour
US - Color

English - Endeavour
US - Endeavor

English - Tooth
US - Teeth
English - Enormous
American - Large

English - Huge
American - Regular

English - Large
American - Diet
;

The Following User Says Thank You to Non Serviam For This Useful Post:
Mohican (07-15-2014)

WritersBeat.com > Writer's Beat > Members' Feedback