WritersBeat.com

Go Back   WritersBeat.com > Writing Craft > Writing Help & Issues

Writing Help & Issues You name it, we solve it! Ask your questions here.

Your Writing

Old 05-26-2014, 09:17 PM
Tha-Kure (Offline)
Let me introduce myself
Official Member

Default Your Writing

Please do not reply if you think this is too personal.

What motivates you behind your writing?

I find it hard to get inspiration now and then, please answer honestly.

Old 05-26-2014, 09:48 PM
Whiskers (Offline)
Picturing the Scene

Thanks 498

Just the need to write, itself. It's a very powerful drive. It's not there always, but when it does come, it bites and burns until I sit and write. It's very personal and intimate, with the first draft just being me and wherever my thoughts take me. That's the best time for me: when I'm not worrying about readers, editors, markets, promotion, censorship etc.

And it's also where I screw-up the most too, lol. But there's a lot of freedom in it. I knowI can screw-up there.

What usually motivates you?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

(Website warning: No under 18s (21 in some areas).
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Whiskers For This Useful Post:
Fat Tire (04-19-2016), gefengb (05-28-2014), Tha-Kure (05-27-2014)
Old 05-27-2014, 01:21 AM
FX Lord (Offline)
Intellectually Fertile
Official Member

Thanks 42

This undying need I have to show people what is in my head, because I think it's really good and people will enjoy it - if I can find the right words to put on paper that is.
The Following User Says Thank You to FX Lord For This Useful Post:
Tha-Kure (05-27-2014)
Old 05-27-2014, 05:42 AM
AnyaKimlun (Offline)
Samuel Johnson, obviously!
Official Member

Thanks 1,456

I have to say my characters. They witter away in my head and if I don't write them down I would go nuts.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AnyaKimlun For This Useful Post:
RerunGirl (05-27-2014), Tha-Kure (05-27-2014)
Old 05-27-2014, 06:10 AM
RerunGirl (Offline)
Pencil pusher
Official Member

Thanks 4

I totally agree with AnyaKimlun. My characters become so real after a while it feels like a crime not to tell the world about them.
They take on a life of their own!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RerunGirl For This Useful Post:
AnyaKimlun (05-27-2014), Tha-Kure (05-27-2014)
Old 05-28-2014, 06:48 AM
TheLLama (Offline)
Let me introduce myself
New Author

Thanks 0

A basic need to write.
Old 05-28-2014, 12:41 PM
Nacia (Online)
Legend
Official Member

Thanks 893

words are fun they there to be written. they are like lego pieces. it is he best game in the world. what could be more simple and fun then that?
there is not and so I write on and on and on.
it reminds us
it is expensive a fine
so bear one
in mind
Old 05-28-2014, 02:01 PM
Mike C (Offline)
Legend
Official Member

Thanks 1,572
Send a message via MSN to Mike C

Fame and wealth beyond the dreams of ordinary men.
Old 05-28-2014, 04:33 PM
JustcallmeEd (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 697

People always telling me, "You should write this shit down." That and the fact that my father died of Alzheimer's and if I should ever be stricken by it I want to be able to read this stuff and say, "I did that?"

That and what Mike said above, should enough people be able to suspend disbelief long enough to believe the shit I write is true.

Last edited by JustcallmeEd; 05-28-2014 at 04:36 PM..
Old 09-19-2014, 03:36 AM
TerryMarine (Offline)
Pencil pusher
Official Member

well, writing has it's own natural essence for me. Every thing motivates me now and then. As, I am a nature loving person so I found every thing from nature or from my real life a motivation to write.
Therefore, try to think first that what you really like and take that as a inspiration or a motivation for writing.
All the best
Old 10-16-2014, 02:25 AM
andrewlmiles (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 3

Writing skills are an important part of communication. Good writing skills allow you to communicate your message with clarity and ease to a far larger audience than through face-to-face or telephone conversations.Only few members are blessed with high writing skills.
Old 10-16-2014, 07:43 PM
SuperGurl (Offline)
I Am My Own Master
Official Member

Thanks 33

My characters motivate me! Once I think of them, I have to write their story. They get me to start and then they push me to finish.
Old 10-18-2014, 03:41 AM
Bizla (Offline)
Pencil pusher
Official Member

Thanks 0

For me,I have an idea that I just can't shake, I feel the need to write it down before I forget it. And i get excited wondering what the outcome could be from this idea, how the characters are going to find a way around it, and what chain of thought it might set off in my head once I write it down.
Old 10-20-2014, 01:56 PM
Chayil (Offline)
Pencil pusher
Official Member

Thanks 2

Wanting to do something with my life, and I have always loved books since I was a tiny child. The Lord of the Rings inspired me to write.

Writing is the only world that is totally mine, and I don't have to share it if I don't want to.
Old 11-19-2014, 10:48 AM
Alligrace797 (Offline)
I Am My Own Master
Official Member

Thanks 6

Wanting to see an idea out on paper. Something that usually bugs me for weeks until I finally acknowledge it.
Old 11-19-2014, 11:18 AM
LeWriter (Offline)
Living and then some

Thanks 181

The main motivation for me is the sense of accomplishment or achievement I get when I actually get something satisfactory down. If I knew that I just wasn't in it a particular day, I wouldn't normally get to writing itself, but merely scribble down some of the ideas going 'round my mind before I lose them or myself.

I guess what motivates me to write is the idea of my thoughts on paper itself. We're all writers here, I guess that's what we all want.

Old 11-21-2014, 04:08 PM
Sisko (Offline)
Abnormally Articulate
Official Member

Thanks 9
Send a message via MSN to Sisko Send a message via Skype™ to Sisko

For me I would say I am motivated to write because I want to and because I came up with an idea for a story that I wanted to tell. I couldn't shake the idea, thought about it often and it began to mature and take shape.

That was about three and a bit years ago. I am finally writing it now but it still occupies my mind as often now as when I first thought about it. The idea has developed further and because I have given it a more solid foundation, seeing it through to completion fills me with excitement so I can then begin writing the next one.

I hope to see it published but one can never tell.
Old 01-17-2015, 01:02 AM
Azmacna (Offline)
Word Wizard
Official Member

Thanks 63

Life.

Old 02-16-2015, 01:16 AM
IWrite (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 3

You can read other Stories and N0val to get inspiration and understand which things they are included in writing.

Last edited by IWrite; 02-16-2015 at 01:25 AM..
Old 04-19-2016, 09:21 PM
Fat Tire (Offline)
Pencil pusher
Official Member

Thanks 0

Originally Posted by Whiskers View Post
Just the need to write, itself.
I think this nails it. I have successful non-writing careers in areas that some would consider prestigious, but the fact that I'm not writing honestly makes me feel like I'm lazy, or cheating at life, or both.

Being a combination of lazy, very very busy, and alone in my writing, I find lots of excuses for putting it off - but it eats at me all day, every day. It's honestly a feeling of guilt, and it keeps me awake some nights.

The reason that I sought out this forum today is to give myself one less reason not to skip out on writing - my hope is that, among other things, it will serve as a de facto 'accountability group' for me.

Thanks
Old 04-20-2016, 04:10 PM
wrc (Offline)
Scribbling Master
Official Member

Thanks 230

Hi Tha-Kure

I write for many reasons. Sometimes to entertain. Sometimes educate. Sometimes to just have fun with words. Sometimes to illistrate an injustice.

After you do three or four writing projects and analyze why you wrote them |'m sure there will be different reasons for each one.
When I get an idea that starts crawling under my skin and ruins my sleep I get energized to write it away from me.

If your seeking a generalized statement my mind goes blank. Maybe it's bad genes, bad upbringing or maybe insanity. Beats me.

Inspiration? Hmm... i don't know.

wrc

You're not dead 'til you're dead and when you are you won't know it. So, keep on writing and having fun.
Old 04-27-2016, 04:11 PM
Phoenix (Offline)
Let me introduce myself
New Author

I write when I want to escape my life. When the world around me is almost too much to handle I create worlds and escape into my characters. Unfortunately I become very attached to my characters and worlds but when I no longer want to escape I write a lot less.
Old 05-01-2016, 10:54 PM
MaryPeterson (Offline)
Pencil pusher
Official Member

Thanks 2
Default Re

Writing was my childhood hobby. Whenever i feel bored or lonely i start writing. Now it has been turned as my best hobby. there not even a single day without writing.

Old 05-10-2016, 02:16 AM
Yonathan1 (Offline)
Intellectually Fertile
Official Member

Thanks 16

Life and just my own thoughts
Old 05-11-2016, 05:41 AM
Gaines (Offline)
Samuel Johnson, obviously!
Official Member

Thanks 870

My world. My rules.
Old 06-26-2016, 05:45 AM
DATo (Offline)
Scribbler
Official Member

Thanks 4

I think we all have a myriad of ideas swirling through our heads. Some of them are the result of personal experiences and others are the result of things others have told us about their own experiences. Sometimes the ideas are the result of musing upon how a movie or story could have ended differently.

I guarantee you that you already carry a multitude of story ideas in your head, the trick is simply to recognize them as such. Imagination is key to this effort. The mechanics for me is to recognize the idea (or theme) and then use my imagination to create a story around it.

Hope this helps.
Old 06-26-2016, 05:13 PM
caters (Offline)
Scribbler
Official Member

My universe is what motivates me to write.

Okay so maybe not literally(I am not in a different universe than any other real person) but in a way this is true.

My dreams, both deep sleep and light sleep are often about things happening in my fictional universe. Usually they focus on 1 particular planet that already has life.

My fictional universe is 1 of hundreds of universes in a multiverse. Then there are hundreds of multiverses in a Metaverse. These multiverses in this metaverse are arranged like atoms in chemical bonds. Individual universes can be transferred from 1 multiverse to another. There are white holes in my universes where matter is transferred from other universes. These decay when the black holes on the other side decay. Once no matter transfer happens in a particular multiverse life stops for quadrillions of years in that multiverse. Then gravity gets stronger and stronger until all the universes in that multiverse become infinitely dense. If a universe transfer happens at this point, when the universes decide to go kaboom and form stars and planets and life once more the universe that was transferred will have one of those big bang singularities and thus there would a be a universe within a universe. The universe would be crushed again long before the others are and so the big bang becomes untimely for that universe. It will also be bigger than the other universes in the sense that there will be more matter in it than previously.

Anyway my dreams are what inspire me to start writing a story or to continue writing a story.

WritersBeat.com > Writing Craft > Writing Help & Issues