WritersBeat.com

Go Back   WritersBeat.com > Write Here > Non-Fiction

Non-Fiction Journals, biographies, memoirs, etc.

UFO Experience

Old 02-19-2014, 07:05 PM
Rocko (Offline)
Dedicated Writer
Official Member

Thanks 49
Default UFO Experience

This is about an experience I had in the 1970's in Miami Florida one foggy night involving what is referred to as as a UFO. I had been waiting for the bus on an isolated, suburb, street for fifteen minutes under a light drizzle when I saw a white light flying from downtown, Miami in my direction. Altitude was just below thick-fog-cover level, maybe fifty feet. Velocity approx 3 MPH.

I immediately recognized it as the same mysterious, silent, white, horizontally-quavering light I had seen from my Gibson Hotel window flying at the same speed but at a far higher altitude the night before. Again I assumed it to be either a small, private, plane or helicopter. But those machines make noise whereas this thing was absolutely silent. Neither do any of these two shimmy horizontally or fly at a walking pace. Possible for the chopper and Harrier Jet but extremely unlikely and both produce sound.

So barring a weather-balloon, blimp, or hot-air-balloon, all of which don’t shimmy that way as they go, I was left with the only conclusion which didn’t involve the supernatural, and inspire me to bolt into a dead-run as I'd done as a kid with the Chihuahua. Having tagged it as a relatively harmless UFO, I calmly held my ground hoping to get a better look.

It finally came parallel to where I stood as it began passing above some houses across the street. I noticed that the round white, light wasn't the vessel itself at all. Instead, the round, white, light was attached to this enormous, diamond-shaped thing that dwarfed the houses below it and which had a dull, brownish, surface resembling more a sickly, epidermis than a ship's metallic hull.

The thing's form was equally disturbing. Its vertical apexes were extremely elongated making its vertical length appear far out of proportion to it's hideously, narrow diameter .

What I saw unnerved me but I watched anyway out of sheer curiosity. That’s when it suddenly and silently stopped, doused its frontal white light, re-lit it on its rim facing me and focused it on me for about five seconds. It wasn't a blinding light, but an intense and soothing one. It did the same with a green and red one of the same quality.

Then after the white light had be once more been positioned in the direction the thing had been traveling, it resumed its silent, slow, flight while gradually turning in the direction of the Miami Airport.

The backwash from those lights gave me a clearer view and it was alien. The surface, the massiveness, the design, the effortless defiance of gravity all seemed unearthly in a repugnant way. But the lights did compensate to a significant degree and perhaps that kept me from bolting.

When I arrived home I noticed a time discrepancy; as if I had missed my bus and caught a later one.
I decided it was best to believe the whole unpleasant, thing a hallucination. But next morning’s newspaper spoke of a UFO seriously disrupting Miami Airport traffic during the night.

I unfortunately saw it twice more in the middle of the night when I seemed to need a look out the window. But I haven’t seen the accursed thing again in the decades since. Considering its disregard for my freedom of choice, general suspicious antics and repulsive appearance, I would have preferred that it had ignored me.

I have also wondered why I didn't panic when those lights were used on me since I had recently read of people having been burned by UFOS that way. Instead, the seemingly fathomless intensity, purity and depth of the colors held me as if mesmerized. Strange how such an ugly thing could emit such beautiful light!

Last edited by Rocko; 02-28-2014 at 08:33 PM..
Old 02-20-2014, 12:12 AM
Cityboy (Offline)
Still Clicking!
Official Member

Thanks 185

Y

Last edited by Cityboy; 02-21-2014 at 05:21 AM..
Old 02-20-2014, 08:57 AM
Rocko (Offline)
Dedicated Writer
Official Member

Thanks 49

Originally Posted by Shelly View Post
You're fortunate to have had such an experience; few people ever do.
I worry about what might have been inflicted on me during the time discrepancy and afraid to find out. Scared that it might happen again or worse. Angry at being treated as if I were some bacteria in a petri dish. Decency demands that we ask permission from a person before we interrupt his day by focusing lights at him and fiddle with his time-perception while we hover smuggly above. Whatever it was has major attitude problems. I would have preferred it had gone to do its airport-traffic -disruption routine without making a brief detour to pester me.

Last edited by Rocko; 02-20-2014 at 09:06 AM..
Old 02-20-2014, 09:22 AM
Cityboy (Offline)
Still Clicking!
Official Member

Thanks 185

T

Last edited by Cityboy; 02-21-2014 at 05:23 AM..
Old 02-20-2014, 10:19 AM
Rocko (Offline)
Dedicated Writer
Official Member

Thanks 49

The only time I ever noticed time discrepancies was when I was younger dropping seconals (downs). Tanked, I'd enter a dance club at 10 P.M., crash in a corner, and then find someone tugging on my arm, waking me, to tell me that it's 4: 00 A.M. and it's time to leave because the club is closing. Six hours missing time. It used to happen often. Never thought of it as being "abducted" before your post, Roc.
I wasn't intoxicated. But if it pleases you to believe I was, be my guest. One person reported being pursued by a UFO one night while driving his car. He was told he'd been desperately fleeing from the planet Venus. Nothing new.

BTW

Your intoxication suggestion causes your other initial statement to seem sarcastically insincere.

Last edited by Rocko; 02-20-2014 at 10:24 AM..
Old 02-20-2014, 10:26 AM
Cityboy (Offline)
Still Clicking!
Official Member

Thanks 185

N

Last edited by Cityboy; 02-21-2014 at 05:30 AM..
Old 02-20-2014, 11:06 AM
Cityboy (Offline)
Still Clicking!
Official Member

Thanks 185

e

Last edited by Cityboy; 02-21-2014 at 05:30 AM..
Old 02-21-2014, 08:49 AM
JustcallmeEd (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 697

Ol' 'hit and run' Shelly.

If you don't catch his posts within a minute, you'll forever be wondering what the remaining posts in a thread are referring to...

(Bugle sounds) Delete and retreat!
Old 02-21-2014, 09:12 AM
Rocko (Offline)
Dedicated Writer
Official Member

Thanks 49

Originally Posted by JustcallmeEd View Post
Ol' 'hit and run' Shelly.

If you don't catch his posts within a minute, you'll forever be wondering what the remaining posts in a thread are referring to...

(Bugle sounds) Delete and retreat!
Specifically what posts are you referring to. I'll be glad to clarify if you are confused.
As for deletions, if they have the potential to generate misunderstanding I try to avoid them.
If some have I apologize.
As for this particilar thread I haven't deleted anything.
Instead I have added details which enhance accuracy.
So in this case the reason for reader confusion can't be attributed to me.
Perhaps its because of a totally irrelevant statement which you assume is relevant?

-------------------

Wait a minute! I see it now, Shelly deleted her posts.
Sorry I misunderstood.
Sorry to Shelly if i said somethng she considers rude.

Last edited by Rocko; 02-23-2014 at 05:49 AM..
Old 02-21-2014, 10:12 AM
Cityboy (Offline)
Still Clicking!
Official Member

Thanks 185

Originally Posted by Rocko View Post
Specifically what posts are you referring to. I'll be glad to clarify if you are confused.
As for deletions, if they have the potential to generate misunderstanding I try to avoid them.
If some have I apologize.
As for this particilar thread I haven't deleted anything.
Instead I have added details which enhance accuracy.
So in this case the reason for reader confusion can't be attributed to me.
Perhaps its because of a totally irrelevant statement which you assume is relevan?

-------------------

Wait a minute! I see it now, Shelly deleted her posts.
Sorry I misunderstood.
Sorry to Shelly if i said somethng she considers rude.
Nothing rude. Shouldn't be hogging someone else's post.
Old 02-21-2014, 10:17 AM
Cityboy (Offline)
Still Clicking!
Official Member

Thanks 185

/

Last edited by Cityboy; 02-22-2014 at 04:21 AM..
Old 02-21-2014, 01:43 PM
Rocko (Offline)
Dedicated Writer
Official Member

Thanks 49

Nothing rude. Shouldn't be hogging someone else's post.
Really? How very thoughtful of you. Some might get the impression it's a vendetta effort to degrade the thread via causing confusion and reducing reader participation.

Last edited by Rocko; 02-28-2014 at 08:35 PM..
Old 02-21-2014, 05:13 PM
JustcallmeEd (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 697

Your same old repetitive posts seem boring and dull. Maybe it's time to sharpen your ax and start a chasin' chickens 'round your barnyard again.
Start running. I got the ax.
Old 02-25-2014, 11:19 AM
Pandora (Offline)
Scribbling Master
Official Member

Thanks 261

You guys so funny, I do enjoy the banter, all in fun. This is a great thread Rocko, it must have been a surreal experience. A few transformers blew by the house recently making a large eery green sky, I was ready to say they're landing! But I do believe you know, we can't be alone, that would just be silly. I just hope they are more friendly then we can be.

I too have had time lost, usually at Whopatooli parties, oh those were the days, drinking from a 40 gallon garbage
can . . . ha!

Thanks for sharing your UFO experience.
Rocko (02-26-2014)
Old 02-26-2014, 03:31 PM
Rocko (Offline)
Dedicated Writer
Official Member

Thanks 49

Originally Posted by Pandora View Post
You guys so funny, I do enjoy the banter, all in fun. This is a great thread Rocko, it must have been a surreal experience. A few transformers blew by the house recently making a large eery green sky, I was ready to say they're landing! But I do believe you know, we can't be alone, that would just be silly. I just hope they are more friendly then we can be.

I too have had time lost, usually at Whopatooli parties, oh those were the days, drinking from a 40 gallon garbage
can . . . ha!

Thanks for sharing your UFO experience.

I have only blacked out from drunkeness once and it was when I was fifteen. Luckily it didn't happen while I was walking home at two in the morning by the interstate,[a shortcut] and climbed a fifteen-foot fence separating the Newark NJ Columbus Homes Housing Projects from the adjacent highway. Or in the elevator going up to the eleventh floor where I lived.

I barely made it home, collapsed on the sofa, vomited and was carried almost unconscious to my room by mom. Dad wanted to use his belt as discipline but she intervened. I hit the bed like a sack of rocks and woke up at 2 pm. Twelve hours unconscious. Never happened again.

About ETs, if indeed that's what they are they need to work on their annoyingly rude behavior. If instead they are the evil spirits described in the Bible then those morons are a hopeless case. If they are merely tectonic-plate earthquake related, then we'll just have to grin and bear it. The ones that are intoxication-hallucination related are simply avoidable.

BTW

From a purely deist viewpoint the vastness of the cosmos would seem to indicate creator who is planning in that direction. The unimaginable distances involved might indicate that such a creator prefers to keep material creatures of differing solar systems far apart.

Last edited by Rocko; 02-26-2014 at 03:43 PM..
Old 02-26-2014, 05:20 PM
KnightofCydonia (Offline)
Copyist
Official Member

Thanks 12

I've had an incident or two involving "ghosts". The only weird UFO experience I ever had was while walking my dog with my mother in law. We were just looking up at the winter sky and this star that appeared to be stationary... just shot off at a speed that was too fast to even really comprehend. It was not a shooting star, I've seen plenty of those before... this was different. I looked at my mother in law and asked, "Did you see that?" She shook her head and said, "Uh, yeah." We bring it up every now and then... I think, just to confirm that we actually saw it.
The Following User Says Thank You to KnightofCydonia For This Useful Post:
Rocko (02-26-2014)
Old 02-27-2014, 07:35 AM
Whiskers (Offline)
Picturing the Scene

Thanks 498

Keep the non-fiction piece in focus, please.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

(Website warning: No under 18s (21 in some areas).
Old 02-27-2014, 08:10 AM
Rocko (Offline)
Dedicated Writer
Official Member

Thanks 49

Originally Posted by Whiskers View Post

I thought experiences aren't fiction. But if you deem UFO experiences fiction, please feel free to move my thread to the fiction area.
Old 02-27-2014, 09:03 AM
Whiskers (Offline)
Picturing the Scene

Thanks 498

I thought experiences aren't fiction. But if you deem UFO experiences fiction, please feel free to move my thread to the fiction area.
Huh?

Originally Posted by Whiskers View Post

(Website warning: No under 18s (21 in some areas).
Old 02-27-2014, 09:30 AM
Rocko (Offline)
Dedicated Writer
Official Member

Thanks 49

Originally Posted by Pandora View Post

I just hope they are more friendly then we can be.

Based on other UFO reports and my personal encounter, it's hard to view them as benevolent.

1. Disrupting airport traffic.

2. Beaming lights on people without their consent.

3. Sinister Abductions involving surgeries

4. Livestock theft and mutilations.

5. Crop circling

6. Car chasings

7. Radiation burnings

8. Scaring peaple seemingly just for fun.

If they don't share our basic sense of right and wrong then IMHO they should keep their distance regardless of who or what they might be.

Last edited by Rocko; 02-27-2014 at 09:32 AM..
Old 03-07-2014, 11:07 AM
mjobrien (Offline)
Let me introduce myself
New Author

Icon9

I worry about what might have been inflicted on me during the time discrepancy and afraid to find out. Scared that it might happen again or worse. Angry at being treated as if I were some bacteria in a petri dish. Decency demands that we ask permission from a person before we interrupt his day by focusing lights at him and fiddle with his time-perception while we hover smuggly above. Whatever it was has major attitude problems. I would have preferred it had gone to do its airport-traffic -disruption routine without making a brief detour to pester me.
spooky
Old 04-18-2014, 12:59 AM
jackuuuu (Offline)
Let me introduce myself
New Author

Thanks 4

oh boy this is spoooky
Old 05-17-2014, 08:12 PM
poe (Offline)
Intellectually Fertile
Official Member

Thanks 31

I enjoyed the read. Particularly funny was the Chihuahua. Nice comic relief.

WritersBeat.com > Write Here > Non-Fiction