WritersBeat.com

Go Back   WritersBeat.com > Write Here > Non-Fiction

Non-Fiction Journals, biographies, memoirs, etc.

Safe

Old 03-16-2014, 12:59 AM
LeWriter (Offline)
Living and then some

Thanks 181
Default Safe

Safe

I stand alone, amongst the other hardly contained souls. Some stand together, holding hands. Some like me, stand alone. Now, we move closer to one another, and we take each othersí hands, the windows to our souls fixed on those doors. No one says anything. We stand, and we wait, as our hearts tell us that this would be the last of the last. There would be no more waiting after this. We believe it.

The doors open. A man walks out. Someone starts to scream. We all watch as she runs towards him as he kneels, crying in a voice Iíve never heard a man make before. He opens his arms and she jumps into them, screaming and wailing for what we all know would be the last time. And we let go of each othersí hands and put them together for the first time in what seems to have been a long time, applauding to two less broken souls.

The doors open again. This time, everyone is screaming. Because this time, there are faces for everyone. I cry out when I see those green eyes, the copper-brown hair, the shape of my uncompleted soul. I feel my legs moving without knowing it. They move so slowly. But itís okay, I tell myself. He is here. He is here. We are all running, we are all crying out, our souls reaching out for completion on both sides.

Heís getting closer, oh so close. I reach out as far as my arms can go, and I cry out again as I start to feel him. The touch of his skin, his hair, the light tinge of his eyes filling up my soul, slowly fixing my soul. I can already feel the pain go away. We cry out in each othersí arms, waiting for the pain to go. No one says anything. The wait is over. And in this embrace, we are finally, safe.

-KC

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
The Following User Says Thank You to LeWriter For This Useful Post:
Nick Pierce (03-17-2014)
Old 03-19-2014, 07:43 AM
Pandora (Offline)
Scribbling Master
Official Member

Thanks 261

Not knowing the backdrop for sure I will say it feels like a dream but reality, a second coming and a loss found. Feels so good because it is written so well, just hard to read through tear filled eyes. I relate in the feel of the need. Thank you LeWriter well done, well felt.
LeWriter (03-19-2014)
Old 03-19-2014, 08:11 AM
LeWriter (Offline)
Living and then some

Thanks 181

Originally Posted by Pandora View Post
Not knowing the backdrop for sure I will say it feels like a dream but reality, a second coming and a loss found. Feels so good because it is written so well, just hard to read through tear filled eyes. I relate in the feel of the need. Thank you LeWriter well done, well felt.
Hey Pandora,

You're quite right in saying that it's more of a dream than a reality. I meant to post this on 'Free Writing' but accidentally posted it on 'Non-fic' instead. Glad it read well for you, I'm well flattered by your kind critique. And I'm also a little sorry for making you cry, but also partly glad that you did, for that made me a little happier about my work being able to touch my readers' souls. No other writer could ask for more than that.

This piece was actually dedicated to the family and friends of the passengers of the missing plane 'MH370', a Malaysian airliner that went missing about eleven days ago (you might have heard, it's all over the news). I wrote this on a Sunday morning, as I watched the rain outside my window. I just couldn't keep it in anymore, and in that moment, I really felt for those struggling souls, which lead me to writing this little piece which gave me goosebumps as I worked my penmanship.

I continue to pray for them, and I implore you add them to your list of prayers as well.

Cheers,
LeWriter

Last edited by LeWriter; 03-19-2014 at 08:21 AM..
Old 03-19-2014, 09:10 AM
Pandora (Offline)
Scribbling Master
Official Member

Thanks 261

Originally Posted by LeWriter View Post
Hey Pandora,

You're quite right in saying that it's more of a dream than a reality. I meant to post this on 'Free Writing' but accidentally posted it on 'Non-fic' instead. Glad it read well for you, I'm well flattered by your kind critique. And I'm also a little sorry for making you cry, but also partly glad that you did, for that made me a little happier about my work being able to touch my readers' souls. No other writer could ask for more than that.

This piece was actually dedicated to the family and friends of the passengers of the missing plane 'MH370', a Malaysian airliner that went missing about eleven days ago (you might have heard, it's all over the news). I wrote this on a Sunday morning, as I watched the rain outside my window. I just couldn't keep it in anymore, and in that moment, I really felt for those struggling souls, which lead me to writing this little piece which gave me goosebumps as I worked my penmanship.

I continue to pray for them, and I implore you add them to your list of prayers as well.

Cheers,
LeWriter
Oh, this touching piece, a tribute to the passengers, makes it much more worthy of heartfelt praise. I could feel how special
Safe is. I get a little chill wondering if those lost souls had more to do with this than we could possibly know, the intense connection you portray and emotion aroused feels almost supernatural. You honor them with heart. I have been praying for the passengers and families. I pray for our world too.
LeWriter (03-19-2014)

WritersBeat.com > Write Here > Non-Fiction