WritersBeat.com

Go Back   WritersBeat.com > Write Here > Prompts & Challenges > Past Prompts and Challenges

Cliche #19 - No . . . SHE Did It! (Original Cliche)

Old 10-18-2011, 07:29 PM
Firefly (Offline)
I'm The Crazy One

Thanks 721
Default Cliche #19 - No . . . SHE Did It! (Original Cliche)

Freddy, Jason, Michael, Norman--hell, even the Terminator--all these killing machines, yet you rarely ever see a female in the list . . . Our new cliche is:

Give us a story with a female killer.

Maybe it's a supernatural female like Freddy or Jason. Maybe it's just a psycho chick ala Norman Bates. Or maybe the girl next door finally just snaps. Either way, give us a story with a female doing the head chopping!

Submissions should be made as new threads with Cliche #19 in the title. Example: Cliche #19 - No . . . SHE Did it! (Feel free to use your own title!)

Comments should be made in the respective threads. You don't need to participate in the cliche in order to comment on work presented.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 07-28-2012, 05:03 PM
Crystal Parney (Offline)
Pencil pusher
Official Member

Thanks 3

It would be cool to have a female serial killers, since most are men (except the woman from the movie Monster), but she had motive, even if for psychological reasons. Serial killers are scariest when they don't necessarily have motive.
Old 08-03-2012, 05:48 PM
Marcus_Drake (Offline)
Copyist
Official Member

Thanks 3

In my opinion, no list of serial killers is complete without naming Hannibal Lecter.
I tried to think of any female killers I have read about, but you are correct, the list is not plentiful.

The only one jumping to mind is Nuala of Maggie Stiefvatter's "Ballad". However, you only hear of her killing other people, she does not in the book.

I will keep an eye out for responses to this prompt. It should be interesting.

WritersBeat.com > Write Here > Prompts & Challenges > Past Prompts and Challenges