Random Thoughts on UK and Islam

Random Thoughts on UK and Islam

Loyal Member

May 23, 2013#1

The religion of Islam has been hijacked by psycho fanatics who will stop at nothing to start a worldwide war. What makes the situation so sad is that moderate Muslims are afraid to speak their minds against the evil-doers who are using their religion to incite a war. Why are decent Muslims so afraid to stand up against these cowards who plant bombs that kill children and women?

The images of the poor dead soldier lying in the street should have never been shown on every news station around the world. Honor the poor man and his family. Why show that disturbing image of him lying in a heap on the ground. The media is vicious.

That said, the man who committed the murder was ranting about an "eye for an eye." Well, if I had anything to do with dishing out justice for this criminal, I think I would grant him what he is seeking. Hack him up the way he hacked up the innocent soldier--give this coward what he wants "an-eyr-for-an-eye." Why feed him? I'd just get rid of him and send all the food he would have consumed (in let's say 50 years) to the local dog pound.

Lots of starving dogs out there. And they appreciate when you fed them. They die for you. Put the food to good use.

Ratboy
    Ratboy

May 24, 2013#2

Understandable sentiments Shelly but be careful. Read this:

Ghosts

Inconclusive provenance bombsite bones
      Bormann went to South America
      but like an English car park King
      DNA de-bunked the bunker myth.
      Re-buried like Bergen-Belsen’s bones
      but they couldn’t bury his ghost.

“Are ghosts really real daddy?”

“Ghosts? No there’s no such thing.
      Now close your eyes and go to sleep.”

Couldn’t tell the truth now could I?

So I denied Irving’s Prussian Blue eyes
      his examination, revision and lies and the
      jack-boot air-ware white laces and white
      braces. Didn’t say about the web of white power
      or of the fantasists with Death’s Head avatars
      dreaming of Valhalla; or of username:C18
      trying to date username:ZyclonB.
      Or of Breivik’s sanity. Or the beer hall brawls in
      Minehead and Margate or the pool hall cue balls
      swung by screwballs in union socks.
      Didn’t mention about British Bulldog in the playground
      or the pit-bulls in no man’s land. Ignored the broken windows
      in Bradford and Bolton and the broken grave yard
      in Cheetham Hill and the Barber’s sign across the road;
      “#1’s £3 bullet creases free. Appointments not always necessary”
      Didn’t tell him about the pilfered portraits hanging
      like other-era avatars on walls from Garmisch to Ghent.
      Their new admirer’s begetters knew ghosts couldn’t speak.

“Ghosts? No there’s no such thing.
      Now close your eyes and go to sleep.”

Loyal Member

May 24, 2013#3

Why deprive the bloody murderer what he seeks? All would have to agree; he's a big boy. Grant his wish.

Too many words have been wasted on the cowards already. The focus should be on the slain soldier. The prayers of the British people and of others worldwide will lead him to a safe place on the other side. His poor family will have to be the ones to struggle with his loss. But, he'll be just fine. Without a doubt.

Loyal Member

May 26, 2013#4

Our actions define who we are. The actions of these killers have defined who they are, but their actions cannot change our system of civil law into one of barbarism. In prder for the rule of law to serve as a final end to such a chain of revenge actions, it must be impartial, objective and subject to appeal, watchdogs etc.

Loyal Member

May 26, 2013#5

erinranning wrote:Our actions define who we are. The actions of these killers have defined who they are, but their actions cannot change our system of civil law into one of barbarism. In prder for the rule of law to serve as a final end to such a chain of revenge actions, it must be impartial, objective and subject to appeal, watchdogs etc.
            well put.

New Author

May 27, 2013#6

As a muslim girl lives in a muslim country, allow me to tell you that those "cowards" you are talking about, who committed that awful murders, knows nothing about Islam. Islam a religion of kindness, humanity, liberality and cohabitation with all people, Muslims or not it doesn't matter, what matters is we are all humans, we are live in one world. Islam forbid murder, but those "people" using it as a cover to hide their true motives, they distorted the Islam image in the world's eyes, and the media, sadly, focus only on what those criminals doing, not on the other sides, like how the Muslim scientists are trying so hard to show the world the bright, beautiful side of Islam, the real face of it, but only few, unfortunately, can see it.

Loyal Member

May 27, 2013#7

It's true that the media in the UK has been highly selective over what to deem newsworthy and instances of muslim residents of the UK being stabbed to death somehow pass by unnoticed by the majority of the country.

For some reason "(British) muslim murdered by white british person" barely has 1% of the impact of "White british person murdered by (british) muslim", even though they are effectively exactly the same headline - "Human being murders other human being for political/race reasons."

Britain clearly assumes on a broad scale that one can only count as a true Briton if he / she is white and either christian or agnostic. When such people commit murders, they are still one of us. When someone not white kills, they immediately become "one of them".

Loyal Member

May 27, 2013#8

GirlFromMARS wrote:As a muslim girl lives in a muslim country, allow me to tell you that those "cowards" you are talking about, who committed that awful murders, knows nothing about Islam. Islam a religion of kindness, humanity, liberality and cohabitation with all people, Muslims or not it doesn't matter, what matters is we are all humans, we are live in one world. Islam forbid murder, but those "people" using it as a cover to hide their true motives, they distorted the Islam image in the world's eyes, and the media, sadly, focus only on what those criminals doing, not on the other sides, like how the Muslim scientists are trying so hard to show the world the bright, beautiful side of Islam, the real face of it, but only few, unfortunately, can see it.

I agree with you. The first Muslim I ever knew was an Arab named Muhammad. I never asked from which country he came, but he was a nice person. We were both about 18. We became pretty good friends because he had two German Shepherds, and I liked dogs.

For the most part, religious people want to praise and honor God and to respect each other. That is why it is troubling when religious leaders remain silent and let the troublemakers enlist "easily persuaded" people into their evil army to fight for God.

Remaining silent is just as bad as doing the actually killing. What is equally disturbing to me is that I don't see the world's religious leaders coming together (Christians, Jews, Muslims, Hindus, Buddists, etc.) to denounce the wholesale slaughter going on.

Doesn't anybody care to drive some sense into the heads of the masses anymore? I mean, are we just going to send drones and armies after the opposition? Religion is the word of God. And, if its leaders do not want to "own up" to their responsibilities and bring all people together in the name of God's love, I suggest they all turn in their fancy robes and hats and find new occupations.

Then, we may all worship science and the nuclear weapons it produces, all get on board with the mantra "kill thy neighbor," and all stop being hypocrites. It's getting to the point in which it is almost embarrassing to be born a human being.

:) But, I agree with you. True Muslims are loving people.

Loyal Member

May 28, 2013#9

I rent one of my rooms out to Muslims visiting England to learn the language. I've lived with young men from Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait, The United Arab Emirates and Yemen (and probably more that I can't think of right now).

Nice respectful guys. In fact, in general less trouble than the Europeans I've had stay.
                    I don't want any gay people hanging around me while I'm trying to kill kids.

Loyal Member

May 28, 2013#10

JohnConstantine wrote:
                      Nice respectful guys. In fact, in general less trouble than the Europeans I've had stay.

A major part of a person's behavior can be traced to his upbringing. Cast the light on his parents to glimpse into his or her personality. If the parents are law-abiding and respectable people, chances are good that the children will follow suit.

"Trouble" isn't associated with skin-coloring, nationality, or religion. In most instances, a person chooses his own destiny. He may choose to be a bum, a murderer, or a productive individual.

Read more posts (34 remaining)