WritersBeat.com
 

Go Back   WritersBeat.com > General Discussion > The Intellectual Table

The Intellectual Table Discussions on political topics, social issues, current affairs, etc.


‘fetishes’ and ‘rituals’

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 09-30-2016, 01:41 PM
wrc (Offline)
Scribbling Master
Official Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 997
Thanks: 0
Thanks 230
Default ‘fetishes’ and ‘rituals’



‘fetishes’ and ‘rituals’

I’m sorry to see the fetish tread petering out as I find the topic interesting in understanding human behavior.

In order to breathe a little more life in the thread I propose a discussion based on the differences between rituals and fetishes.

Is there a difference between sucking on the thumb of a lover to create sexual release and eating a wafer pretending you’re eating the flesh of Jesus to create a sense of peace?

What thinks thee? wrc

__________________

You're not dead 'til you're dead and when you are you won't know it. So, keep on writing and having fun.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to wrc For This Useful Post:
PickleBottom (09-30-2016)
  #2  
Old 09-30-2016, 02:48 PM
PickleBottom's Avatar
PickleBottom (Offline)
Always Online
Official Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 2,043
Thanks: 1,340
Thanks 385
Default

Originally Posted by wrc View Post

‘fetishes’ and ‘rituals’

I’m sorry to see the fetish tread petering out as I find the topic interesting in understanding human behavior.

In order to breathe a little more life in the thread I propose a discussion based on the differences between rituals and fetishes.

Is there a difference between sucking on the thumb of a lover to create sexual release and eating a wafer pretending you’re eating the flesh of Jesus to create a sense of peace?

What thinks thee? wrc
Reminds me a bit like those guys that give women-sexual-advice based on their trade;

Mechanic - "PickleBottom, a woman is a lot like starting a car, you put your finger in the ignition and slowly give it some gas until she purrs and then give her a few more revs"

IT guy - "PickleBottom, I read that a woman is a lot like using the wheel on one of those old and upside-down wheel-mouses to move the pointer on the screen, just gently caress the mouse ball enough so the pointer moves in small circles on the screen"

Fat cunt - "PickleBottom, a woman is a lot like a box of KFC, once you finish with the breasts and thighs you have a greasy box to stick your bone in"
__________________
If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchange these apples then you and I will still each have one apple. But if you have an idea and I have an idea and we exchange these ideas, then each of us will have two ideas
-George Bernard Shaw
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 09-30-2016, 04:27 PM
brianpatrick's Avatar
brianpatrick (Offline)
Still Clicking!
Official Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Arizona
Posts: 5,297
Thanks: 428
Thanks 1,185
Default

Originally Posted by PickleBottom View Post
Reminds me a bit like those guys that give women-sexual-advice based on their trade;

Mechanic - "PickleBottom, a woman is a lot like starting a car, you put your finger in the ignition and slowly give it some gas until she purrs and then give her a few more revs"

IT guy - "PickleBottom, I read that a woman is a lot like using the wheel on one of those old and upside-down wheel-mouses to move the pointer on the screen, just gently caress the mouse ball enough so the pointer moves in small circles on the screen"

Fat cunt - "PickleBottom, a woman is a lot like a box of KFC, once you finish with the breasts and thighs you have a greasy box to stick your bone in"


I kid you not, we are eating a family bucket of KFC's best right now. Ah America! land of the free and home of greasy breasts and thighs. Maybe the wife will want to do it later but it won't be because of the chicken.

I don't have any fetishes or rituals. Not sure why or how people need them... isn't the regular stuff good enough?

I once had a girlfriend who would only do anal but that was so she couldn't get pregnant. Seems practical. As far as I know she was still technically a virgin.😀


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to brianpatrick For This Useful Post:
PickleBottom (09-30-2016)
  #4  
Old 09-30-2016, 05:14 PM
wrc (Offline)
Scribbling Master
Official Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 997
Thanks: 0
Thanks 230
Default

Originally Posted by brianpatrick View Post
I kid you not, we are eating a family bucket of KFC's best right now. Ah America! land of the free and home of greasy breasts and thighs. Maybe the wife will want to do it later but it won't be because of the chicken.

I don't have any fetishes or rituals. Not sure why or how people need them... isn't the regular stuff good enough?

I once had a girlfriend who would only do anal but that was so she couldn't get pregnant. Seems practical. As far as I know she was still technically a virgin.��


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hi BrianP. You said you don't have any fetishes or rituals. I'm laughing. How do you know this? You'll only know by the responses of others. Fetishes and rituals are ingrained inside your personality and the subconscious part of your mind is trained to keep quiet.

Anal intercourse has a 1000 or more nerve endings than a vagina. Those that like it, love it. I've never heard of it being a strategy for birth control.

The issue of virginity was a religious concept to explain Jesus' Mom being a virgin, then morphed into a control issue for young people on the cusp ot adulthood.

Thank goodness most of us overcome religious dogma and join the human experience. Hallalullah for sex!

wrc
__________________

You're not dead 'til you're dead and when you are you won't know it. So, keep on writing and having fun.

Last edited by wrc; 09-30-2016 at 05:18 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 10-01-2016, 05:52 AM
Myers (Offline)
Grizzled Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 2,224
Thanks: 382
Thanks 403
Default

I think you are overstating things, wrc.

People are often more than aware of their fetishes, even if they don't know the origin of them; and the jury is out on that in general. That's why people try to hide them and conversely, why they seek out others with similar proclivities and with varying degrees of openness.

And I think anyone with a reasonable amount of self-awareness would be able to identify what might be considered a fetish, even if it's normal to them.

There are also gray areas between something that might be arousing to one person and not another and a fetish depending on your point of view or social conditioning.

Same goes more or less with awareness and ritual. I know Catholics and Episcopalians who will tell you one of the reasons they prefer those denominations is the more ritualistic nature of the mass and service. Depending on who and how you ask, I'm betting a lot of religious people would acknowledge that ritual is an important facet of their belief and they would understand why beyond that it's required by the church.

There is also a lot of overlap between preference, habit, tradition, routine and ritual, all of which provide comfort to some degree. I'm pretty sure if you were a fly on the wall you wouldn't be able to clearly identify anything that I do as a fetish or ritual, and it would be amazingly presumptuous for you to assume otherwise or that I'm just not aware of what I do and why. I'm sure the same would apply to a lot of other people.

In other words, maybe you shouldn't be laughing.

P.S. Do you think posting a variation of the same topic over and over provides you with some sense of reassurance or comfort? I'm thinking it does.

Last edited by Myers; 10-01-2016 at 01:19 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 10-01-2016, 07:31 AM
flyingtart's Avatar
flyingtart (Offline)
Scribbling Master
Official Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 939
Thanks: 145
Thanks 186
Default

Do you know the reason KFC sell chicken in a bucket? It's so you have something to throw up into afterwards.

I had a friend who would only do nasal intercourse.
What's nasal intercourse?
Fuck knows.
__________________
Awaiting the return of the Dog’s Arse Messiah.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to flyingtart For This Useful Post:
PickleBottom (10-01-2016)
  #7  
Old 10-01-2016, 06:22 PM
Myers (Offline)
Grizzled Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 2,224
Thanks: 382
Thanks 403
Default

I worked at KFC when I was kid. That it's bad is a cliche, and of course, it kind of depends on whether you like fried chicken or not.

The ingredients aren't healthy, but they are fairly basic. The chicken is more fresh and the quality is more closely controlled than what you can buy at the grocery store.

Any kind of shortening or cooking oil used in a restaurant is not good for you, but how it effects the taste depends on how often it's filtered and KFC is pretty good about it compared to most restaurants.

If it's greasy or not depends on how long it's been sitting there, and that's probably the biggest variable. If the place is well run, and most of them are, more or less, it's not usually an issue. And admittedly, it tastes much better if you have been smoking weed in the walk-in freezer.

If you throw up from eating it you've got other problems. You ate way too much or you were washing it down with 40 oz. cans of Schlitz Malt Liquor. That's OK. It happens to the best of us.

Last edited by Myers; 10-01-2016 at 06:32 PM..
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Myers For This Useful Post:
PickleBottom (10-03-2016)
  #8  
Old 10-01-2016, 06:56 PM
brianpatrick's Avatar
brianpatrick (Offline)
Still Clicking!
Official Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Arizona
Posts: 5,297
Thanks: 428
Thanks 1,185
Default

Originally Posted by Myers View Post
I worked at KFC when I was kid. That it's bad is a cliche, and of course, it kind of depends on whether you like fried chicken or not.

The ingredients aren't healthy, but they are fairly basic. The chicken is more fresh and the quality is more closely controlled than what you can buy at the grocery store.

Any kind of shortening or cooking oil used in a restaurant is not good for you, but how it effects the taste depends on how often it's filtered and KFC is pretty good about it compared to most restaurants.

If it's greasy or not depends on how long it's been sitting there, and that's probably the biggest variable. If the place is well run, and most of them are, more or less, it's not usually an issue. And admittedly, it tastes much better if you have been smoking weed in the walk-in freezer.

If you throw up from eating it you've got other problems. You ate way too much or you were washing it down with 40 oz. cans of Schlitz Malt Liquor. That's OK. It happens to the best of us.


If you throw up after just one 40oz, you are a pussy.



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to brianpatrick For This Useful Post:
Myers (10-01-2016)
  #9  
Old 10-01-2016, 06:57 PM
brianpatrick's Avatar
brianpatrick (Offline)
Still Clicking!
Official Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Arizona
Posts: 5,297
Thanks: 428
Thanks 1,185
Default ‘fetishes’ and ‘rituals’

And KFC chicken, no matter how 'bad' for you, makes me happy. That has to count for something.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to brianpatrick For This Useful Post:
Myers (10-01-2016)
  #10  
Old 10-01-2016, 09:29 PM
Myers (Offline)
Grizzled Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 2,224
Thanks: 382
Thanks 403
Default

Originally Posted by brianpatrick View Post
If you throw up after just one 40oz, you are a pussy.
Yes. That's why I said cans.

Not sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 10-01-2016, 10:18 PM
brianpatrick's Avatar
brianpatrick (Offline)
Still Clicking!
Official Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Arizona
Posts: 5,297
Thanks: 428
Thanks 1,185
Default ‘fetishes’ and ‘rituals’

How many cans?
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 10-02-2016, 05:48 AM
Myers (Offline)
Grizzled Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 2,224
Thanks: 382
Thanks 403
Default

We drank malt liquor when I was in high school because it was cheap and packed a punch. I had a very high tolerance for alcohol, and rarely got sick from drinking.

If I ever threw up from drinking malt liquor, and I don't think I did, it was because I drank it before or on top of some kind of liquor.

And KFC makes me happy too. I didn't eat it for years after I stopped working there, because I was so sick of it, but I like it now. First time a had it again was in Taiwan when my hosts took me out for a "big surprise!" I couldn't turn it down.

I also make a pretty good version of the extra crispy using my expertise as a former poultry chef.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 10-08-2016, 11:53 AM
Nacia's Avatar
Nacia (Online)
Resident Ghost
Official Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: London, England.
Posts: 10,181
Thanks: 2,660
Thanks 918
Default

I would not quote a fetish next to a ritual because one is compulsive and the other intensive
in other words on demands the presence of another individual
and the other the presence of nothing
one is demanding and the other pretending and so and upon having said that
i would chose neither one or the other
because i can think of better things to do.
__________________
a lesson in
life is a pound
in sound
it reminds us
it is expensive a fine
so bear one
in mind

Last edited by Nacia; 10-08-2016 at 11:55 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 10-12-2016, 07:12 AM
wyf's Avatar
wyf (Offline)
Homer's Odyssey Was Nothing
Official Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: UK, bottom half
Posts: 1,097
Thanks: 135
Thanks 126
Default

Originally Posted by wrc View Post
Hi BrianP. You said you don't have any fetishes or rituals. I'm laughing. How do you know this? You'll only know by the responses of others.
I disagree. I think we all know what our fetishes are (and I don't think everyone has them, sexually) because we all know what the socially acceptable norm is and we all know when we stand outside that. It's not the subconscious that keeps quiet, it's the conscious, the part that fears humiliation or ridicule or arrest.

Originally Posted by wrc View Post
Anal intercourse has a 1000 or more nerve endings than a vagina. Those that like it, love it.
No. Those that love it, love it. Those that like it don't love it; more probably tolerate it than like it (that's why you only get it on your birthday, guys!) and still more don't like it at all. And when does a preference become a fetish?

I know what my preferences are, and I know what my fetishes are. Or vice-versa: I'm not sure if there's a line I can draw between one and the other.

But what is a fetish? one person's fetish is another's norm is another's disgusting perversion. And what separates a perversion from a fetish (and I've already heard the one about the feather and the chicken, thanks)?
__________________
How wrong it is for a woman to expect the man to build the world she wants, rather than to create it herself. ~ Anais Nin

Last edited by wyf; 10-12-2016 at 07:14 AM..
Reply With Quote
Reply

  WritersBeat.com > General Discussion > The Intellectual Table


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 01:23 AM.

vBulletin, Copyright © 2000-2006, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.