WritersBeat.com

Go Back   WritersBeat.com > General Discussion > Writers' Cafe

Writers' Cafe Get a drink, sit down to relax, and chit-chat with other writers.

Goody Two Shoes

Old 01-11-2018, 02:10 AM
Luciaphile (Offline)
Profusive Denizen
Official Member

Thanks 59
Default Goody Two Shoes

I just reread some of my posts on some threads and got the impression of a fat old woman trying to reform all the young'uns about drinking, drugs, and cursing and pooping. I here want to apologize for that. I actually am kind of a fun easy person -- I think!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Compliments of the Author: Debbie Bumstead
Old 01-11-2018, 02:48 AM
JohnConstantine (Offline)
Verbosity Pales
Official Member

Thanks 725

Originally Posted by Luciaphile View Post
I just reread some of my posts on some threads and got the impression of a fat old woman trying to reform all the young'uns about drinking, drugs, and cursing and pooping. I here want to apologize for that. I actually am kind of a fun easy person -- I think!
This is pretty cool.

I'm guessing you might be quite self conscious? My advice is give less of a fuck -- I don't know if it's sound advice, perhaps we need people who are more considerate than me. But what I'm trying to say is, unless you felt anything you said was wrong or dishonest, then no need to apologise.

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." Aristotle

This notion resonates with me a lot. I've gone my whole life offending people, just by holding convictions of one sort or another. Meanwhile especially as I get older I hardly get offended.

Either someone is wrong: in which case why would I be angry? I can't get mad that you think 2 + 2 = 5. I know 2 + 2 = 4, people who get mad about someone challenging their convictions betray a lack of confidence in said convictions.

Or someone is right: in which case I've gained a bit of truth.
Luciaphile (01-11-2018)
Old 01-11-2018, 03:22 AM
fleamailman (Online)
Samuel Johnson, obviously!
Official Member

Thanks 3,923

("...depends upon which section of the forum..." replied the goblin thinking that there were designated areas upon this forum where one was supposed to post to be criticed, and yet other places where one could boldly push the envelope of posting possibilities, relating "...I tend to encourage posters to have their own thread somewhere since it gets them both better known longterm and easier to find too, whereas it's a great pity to have done some informative post somewhere only to have the thread itself die out on one as unseen there, equates to "post lost" through no fault of one's own, thus I post around across forumland, not just upon writersbeat now, and then later collect whatever first attempts I like together, editing and adding an underlining picture where need be, and where I tend to find the reward far outweighs the effort doing it, why, because it gives my posting a long term context of wider readership...")

Last edited by fleamailman; 01-12-2018 at 12:34 AM..
Old 01-11-2018, 01:48 PM
Lockette (Offline)
Intellectually Fertile
Official Member

Thanks 55

we need a little variation around here, anyway. Just be yourself. Whatever floats your boat.
Old 01-11-2018, 06:41 PM
brianpatrick (Offline)
Still Clicking!
Official Member

Thanks 1,062

Originally Posted by Luciaphile View Post

If you can lay down the word I donít care about the rest. Yeah, it might be funny, or controversial, or stupid, or crazy, or puritanical. But the word is the line.

Very few people can lay it down. Those that can have my respect. And for no damn good reason.

Most people that can are weird. So it goes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 01-11-2018, 07:08 PM
brianpatrick (Offline)
Still Clicking!
Official Member

Thanks 1,062

Besides, Wiloh fucked Wo in a park in front of everyone (presumably). Thatís pretty loose if you ask me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 01-12-2018, 08:40 AM
Luciaphile (Offline)
Profusive Denizen
Official Member

Thanks 59
Default OOooops!

BrianPatrick, I thought of that later, haha! I'm just as good and just as bad as anybody!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Compliments of the Author: Debbie Bumstead

WritersBeat.com > General Discussion > Writers' Cafe