WritersBeat.com

Go Back   WritersBeat.com > Writer's Beat > Introductions

Introductions Introduce yourself; we're all writers here, nothing to hide!

How to get welcomed to the campfire.

View Poll Results: Do you honestly think there are such things as borders in the real world?
Yes they are lines on maps, everyone knows where the lines are. 2 66.67%
Can't see the lines on the map from the moon, even though I haven't been to the moon. 0 0%
Only borders that exist are doorways, but if the house burns down was it home? 0 0%
Ok you win, vanilla does taste better then chocolate 2 66.67%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 3. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-06-2017, 02:59 PM
Poet (Offline)
Let me introduce myself
New Author

Thanks 0
Default How to get welcomed to the campfire.

Hello all.

Thank you all. I have brought us all together today to talk about the same things we have all been talking about since the days of antiquity. My name is Christopher. Hey. Yeah. It consumes me. Its not that I don't have the strength to not write, or that I have become addicted to prose. Its just that, well, I think it probably all goes back to my stepfather. He was obsessed to get me to be honest. To tell the truth. But, inasmuch as I did respect him, oh I did, something always came up missing when I tried to find the words, the right words, to say, "But Dad, I mean, Jim, James, Pop, writers are always telling stories. That is what we do. We fabricate. Embellish." The truth? Its so much better if the right person is telling the tale. I been looking for that person my whole life. Those kind of people. Folks who, simply put, can just hold your attention. And if there is a reason why I would love to have an invitation to the fireside, well I can give two. One, its where all the best stories are told, indeed, have been told for ages. And two, brrr... Sure is cold out there. I would humbly ask as a complete stranger here, that I might find a bit of warmth in your hearts, as well as my frostbitten mittens, by your fire. If I am a wolf, so be it. But wolves I have heard are the most family oriented animals in the history of the wild kingdom. That is all I'm looking for. A good family. So, if you will have me. Thanks. I appreciate it. If not, then I will just trade these flip flops for some sandals, (no robe) and seek tales elsewhere. Oh, is that chicken on the fire?

Last edited by Poet; 08-06-2017 at 03:16 PM.. Reason: corrected spelling mistake, two errors
Old 08-06-2017, 03:26 PM
Grace Gabriel (Offline)
Always Online
Official Member

Thanks 1,045

Pull up a log and you can share my blanket and beans.

Welcome aboard x
Old 08-06-2017, 06:07 PM
brianpatrick (Offline)
Verbosity Pales
Official Member

Thanks 846

Originally Posted by Grace Gabriel View Post
Pull up a log and you can share my blanket and beans.

Welcome aboard x

But just so you know, Dog the Bounty Hunter may show up and ruin the moment. In fact, that's what he does for a living.
Old 08-06-2017, 10:33 PM
Poet (Offline)
Let me introduce myself
New Author

Thanks 0
Default Message from Grace Gabriel

Thank you!! Grace Gabriel is a great name! Makes you want to expect big things, like saving the Eiffel Tower from falling or swerving a meteorite out of the way of town harm. With so much respect of course. Can't wait to read your best. Humbled to be on the site.
Old 08-06-2017, 10:39 PM
Poet (Offline)
Let me introduce myself
New Author

Thanks 0

Thanks, Bryan and Grace. I just made the beans and I got a dog named Bounty. I just changed it to Bounty.
Old 08-07-2017, 08:14 PM
brianpatrick (Offline)
Verbosity Pales
Official Member

Thanks 846

Originally Posted by Poet View Post
Thanks, Bryan and Grace. I just made the beans and I got a dog named Bounty. I just changed it to Bounty.

I already love you. ButóI have to warn you I don't like poetry, and poets even less. You're welcome anyway. Unfortunately some of my bestest friends are poets. God help them...
Old 08-08-2017, 12:10 PM
Mohican (Offline)
Tall Poppy
Administration

Thanks 651

Poet - don't be put off by the one with the man bun, and welcome to writers beat.

If John of Patmos would browse the internet today for half an hour, I don't know if the Book of Revelations would be entirely different or entirely the same.
Old 08-09-2017, 06:42 AM
JP_Inkswell (Offline)
Scribbling Master
Official Member

Thanks 218

You want truth and a good family? You don't ask for much do you? Truth be like whisky. It takes a lot of effort to distill it from the makings, then it looks, smells and tastes wonderful going down, but the next morning ye may be thinking that it's the work of the devil and too much of it is no good thing.
Grace Gabriel (08-10-2017)
Old 09-09-2017, 05:50 AM
fleamailman (Offline)
Samuel Johnson, obviously!
Official Member

Thanks 3,778

(at which point the goblin just felt sorry that he hadn't read the intro earlier, repeating "...so perhaps your reality there in that dailylife of yours is just the truth of it now, though you can't prove any of that to me here, not least because here we have "virtual reality" instead, just being a non reality if ever there was one, and all synonymous to "fiction" perhaps...", at which point the goblin bent down and pulled at the strands of red carpet waged between his toes yet again, before remarking "...besides, you'll note that this red welcoming carpet is all wrong isn't it, I mean if your traffic lights are "green to go" and "red to stop" then surely it stands to reason then that you humans should have dumped this red welcoming carpet long age for a more goblinlike green one, your thoughts please as I'm open to dialogue if you have both coffee and biscuits...", as the goblin's eyes looked up in such expectation)

Last edited by fleamailman; 09-11-2017 at 04:02 AM..

WritersBeat.com > Writer's Beat > Introductions