WritersBeat.com

Go Back   WritersBeat.com > General Discussion > The Intellectual Table

The Intellectual Table Discussions on political topics, social issues, current affairs, etc.

Former GOP Representative - repealing Obamacare was just a joke

Old 08-08-2017, 01:42 PM
Mohican (Offline)
Tall Poppy
Administration

Thanks 651
Default Former GOP Representative - repealing Obamacare was just a joke

Something you might not see on "mainstream" news sights

Sorry Tea Party People - the GOP, which you put back in charge of the US House of Representatives and then the US Senate, was never really serious about repealing ObamaCare.

Yes, as long as they knew Obama would veto it they voted about sixty times to repeal Obama Care.

But with tRUMP in the white House, they could have ramrodded a full repeal through in the same manner Obama ramrodded his flagship legislation.

Before he was defeated by unknown economist Dave Brat, then Minority Whip Eric Cantor led the charge to repeal Obamacare. Day in and day out, the GOP Rep. railed against the disastrous healthcare plan, using the hot button issue as ammo to drum up political support and boost fundraising efforts.

In a stunning admission, Cantor now admits the GOP was never serious about repealing the healthcare bill. It was all a charade. http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2017...obamacare-lie/
Most of these creatures like controlling peoples healthcare, just with the appropriate Republican twist, or with the kickback money coming to them instead of to Democrats.....

It would be humorous if tRUMP would, by executive fiat, tell congress that they, too would have to live under the ACA (Obamacare)

If John of Patmos would browse the internet today for half an hour, I don't know if the Book of Revelations would be entirely different or entirely the same.
Old 08-08-2017, 02:45 PM
brianpatrick (Online)
Verbosity Pales
Official Member

Thanks 846

Yeah, neither the dems or reps will vote to repeal or 'fix' anything in this legislation. Well, maybe minor tweaks.

It was written by insurance and medical industry people for insurance companies and medical industry people.

It's a give-away of tax payer money to them, and all sides need their money to get elected next time.

It was obvious from the beginning.
Old 08-08-2017, 03:33 PM
Myers (Online)
Heartbreaking Writer of Staggering Genius
Official Member

Thanks 352

Boehner talked about this in a NYT interview a couple of weeks ago. Saw a story on CNN about it too.

And Hannity and Limbaugh have been harping on this for days.

Can't get much more "mainstream" than that.

Last edited by Myers; 08-08-2017 at 06:05 PM..
Old 08-09-2017, 07:05 AM
Myers (Online)
Official Member

Thanks 352

Originally Posted by brianpatrick View Post
It was written by insurance and medical industry people for insurance companies and medical industry people.
Maybe so, but it doesn't seem to be working out too well for them. Blue Cross Blue Shield just pulled out of the metro Atlanta area -- they're staying in counties where they're the only provider.

I thought this was more about republicans weighing their options and deciding they'd rather keep the votes of republicans who have coverage under Obamacare. They could play both sides of the fence by making tweaks to put a conservative veneer on it...
Old 08-09-2017, 09:48 PM
brianpatrick (Online)
Verbosity Pales
Official Member

Thanks 846

Originally Posted by Myers View Post
Maybe so, but it doesn't seem to be working out too well for them. Blue Cross Blue Shield just pulled out of the metro Atlanta area -- they're staying in counties where they're the only provider.

I thought this was more about republicans weighing their options and deciding they'd rather keep the votes of republicans who have coverage under Obamacare. They could play both sides of the fence by making tweaks to put a conservative veneer on it...

It's working great for them. Record profits. Avoiding markets that are a potential loss and justifying it by saying: "its Obamacare that's killing us!"

Yeah, it's much more complicated than can be easily explained here, but opting out of markets is not an indication that insurers are having a hard time.

Government money is the best and most reliable source of income. I laugh when I hear people say things like: "so... you want the inefficient gubmn't to be in charge of yo money?!?!"
Old 08-10-2017, 12:53 AM
Myers (Online)
Official Member

Thanks 352

I haven't heard or seen anything about record profits. I'll check it out.
Old 08-10-2017, 01:01 AM
Myers (Online)
Official Member

Thanks 352

Yeah -- that didn't take long. Looks like record profits.

I know I'm paying one of them out the wazoo...

Last edited by Myers; 08-10-2017 at 01:07 AM..

WritersBeat.com > General Discussion > The Intellectual Table