Board Games Get it? "Board" games.

The Inn Between (Character Chat)

Old 03-14-2015, 03:58 PM
LaurenKing (Offline)
Scribbler
Official Member

Thanks 0

The Barkeep nodded and took the gold.

Nia and Aya followed him over to the table as Nia explained. "Well, our quest is actually to find a quest. We were bored, you know? And there was no-where for us to go in our universe, so we found our way here and have been hopping through stories ever since."

Old 03-14-2015, 04:04 PM
daes13 (Offline)
Heartbreaking Writer of Staggering Genius
Official Member

Thanks 342

The wind blew with appreciation, and cleared the indicated table of all dust, pulling out three chairs for each aquaintance.
Old 03-14-2015, 04:29 PM
max crash (Offline)
Always Online
Official Member

Thanks 403

they sat and bear man smiled, "now I mean no disrespect to you imp, but Nia you say you speak to animals - is it possible you can talk to the imp. signs are not always read well."
Old 03-14-2015, 04:36 PM
daes13 (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 342

The door opens yet again. Nothing new to this heavy trafficked inn, filled with beasts and creatures of all sorts, but what entered may have been one of the strangest creatures this bar had seen.

"Oooohhhh weeeeeee, that was a walk," the creature states walking to the bar ignoring the inhabitants staring at his strange clothes. Blue button up shirt decorated with lavender flowers clinging lightly to his body, a matching decoration on the sleek swim trunks, the soft shuffle of his slip on shoes breaking the silence. He steps up to the bar, looking out from his straw hat through green sunglasses and appraises the bartender. "What's up man?" Unscrewing his bottle of water he downs the last bit and holds it to the bar tender, "can you fill this with vodka?" He slides a twenty across the bar.

Turning he appraises the room as the bar tender fills his bottle. Decapitated bodies and the scorched marks of burnt wood mingling with the splatters of blood. He sizes up the bat-lady and smiles, pulling down his sunglasses halfway he reveals bright blue eyes, "Whoah! Awesome wings!"
Old 03-14-2015, 04:43 PM
LaurenKing (Offline)
Scribbler
Official Member

Thanks 0

Nia shrugs. "Yeah, sure. So, Imp, what' your name? Got any reasons for helping out?"

Meanwhile, Aya takes out a small notepad and writes 'thank you, I like your eyes' and shows it to the man who had just entered.

Barkeep ducked under the counter for a moment, then came back up with the bottle filled with vodka.
Old 03-14-2015, 04:50 PM
daes13 (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 342

The wind surrounded Nia, chilling her face and tingling her neck. She inhaled and through her scent saw the memory. 'Kaikias, or just K' she breathed deeper finding solace in the freezing chill, and expelled on the sweet scent of 'fun' as the answer to her last question. The wind left her still shivering....
Old 03-14-2015, 04:56 PM
LaurenKing (Offline)
Scribbler
Official Member

Thanks 0

"Well then, K, nice to meet you. Certainly not the strangest conversation I've had, but that was still a bit weird." She turned back to Roberts. "It seems legit, no tricks. Or, no malicious tricks."
She made sure to keep an eye on Aya as she talked, but let her talk to the man in the strange getup.
Old 03-14-2015, 05:11 PM
daes13 (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 342

"Either you're from out of town or I am one," the stranger said to the bat-girl with a laugh. "My names Mike- what's yours?"

"Nya," she responded.

"Ahhhh- yeah I'm the one from out of town." He took a swig from his bottle, "Well don't want to keep you long from your friend. I've got to find my dog anyway." He walks to the door and pauses for an instant, "I'll see you around Nya," he winks, "Still want to know if you can fly."
Old 03-15-2015, 07:39 AM
max crash (Offline)
Always Online
Official Member

Thanks 403

bear man sort of pinches between his eyes, and lowers his head. another follower of Timothy Leary in this ream...

but back to the prince.

the door swings open (yet again) a large odd looking bird flies in and drops a scroll on the table where Bear man sits. the bird makes a couple of loops and then flies back out the door. the door slams behind him.

bear man reads the scroll and confides in his fellow questers.

"it is a message from my sister. the prince is hold up in his castle. we will never get him out. we must think of something to bring him to us." any ideas.
Old 03-15-2015, 08:06 AM
daes13 (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 342

The wind swirled around the bear-man's face, the chill refreshing- he had become quite warm. The smell of gravel, iron, and blood mingle to induce a memory that has not happened yet:

The prince running down the stone stairs of his tower gleefully delivering himself. The cool oak of the doors flying open under his hands, too impetuous to wait for the guards to open it. The sun is dark and cold, the courtyard filled with battalions of half-creatures mildly resembling the men they had once been. In the center a man in chains, though not quite locked, he lifts his head, the bear-man with a joyful smile of his own. Either side of the "prisoner" the companions- simple bounty hunters looking to claim a reward....
Old 03-16-2015, 01:29 PM
max crash (Offline)
Always Online
Official Member

Thanks 403

laurenking

*bear man hangs his head in shame,*

"I am sorry if I hijacked your thread - where would you like to lead us now? I will follow and try not to take over."

Max, the unworthy of your forgiveness.
Old 03-16-2015, 04:01 PM
LaurenKing (Offline)
Scribbler
Official Member

Thanks 0

Actually, that was the plan all along! I'm more here to sort out arguments and be a player myself. Truth be told, I'm a terrible GM, so I thought I'd make something where everyone gets to have a turn, without TOO much responsibility! Go ahead an lead, it's your quest!

Lauren, the ReallyBadAtExplainingHowTheThreadWorks
Old 03-16-2015, 04:11 PM
daes13 (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 342

Fine with me- I just figure we will all be GM, don't really know what that means but you said it. I introduced my characters, and I promise to always make sure a random monster pops up heeeeeeh
Old 03-16-2015, 04:35 PM
LaurenKing (Offline)
Scribbler
Official Member

Thanks 0

GM means Game Master btw. Also, yeah, that sounds great!
Old 03-16-2015, 06:09 PM
max crash (Offline)
Always Online
Official Member

Thanks 403

THEN THE QUEST IS ON *trumpets sound *

and tomorrow I'll see where I want to lead.

max

Last edited by max crash; 03-23-2015 at 12:40 PM..
Old 03-23-2015, 12:42 PM
max crash (Offline)
Always Online
Official Member

Thanks 403

bear man wakes from a drunken stupor and looks around to see if anyone is still in the bar.
Old 03-23-2015, 12:58 PM
LaurenKing (Offline)
Scribbler
Official Member

Thanks 0

Nia smiled back, wanting to know the plan.
Old 03-23-2015, 05:40 PM
daes13 (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 342

An icicle falls and shatters into a gust of wind: smelling intensely of alcohol.
Old 03-23-2015, 05:43 PM
max crash (Offline)
Always Online
Official Member

Thanks 403

"ohhh, let's go outside that smell is sickening"
Old 03-23-2015, 05:44 PM
LaurenKing (Offline)
Scribbler
Official Member

Thanks 0

Nia shrugged and headed out, with Aya following close behind.

Out there, a shocking sight awaited the small team of adventurers. Instead of wherever they had come from, there was nothing but a huge, empty, white void.
Old 03-23-2015, 05:53 PM
max crash (Offline)
Always Online
Official Member

Thanks 403

is this Boston? No, of course not. did it snow all the time I was ... asleep, yes - asleep? or is this some kind of spell?????
Old 03-23-2015, 05:55 PM
LaurenKing (Offline)
Scribbler
Official Member

Thanks 0

"Ah, you've never seen the void before, have you?" Nia asked. "To be honest, wherever you cane from? We're nowhere near there right now. Let's just say there's a reason this place is called the 'Inn Between'. But we can get to wherever we need to go easily enough, if we pay Barkeep to let us out the back way. Now, we were discussing plans?"
Old 03-29-2015, 12:54 PM
uncephalized (Offline)
Noteworthy
Official Member

Thanks 70

"Plans, hm?" says a high voice from behind them. They turn to see a short, slight figure closing the door. "Interesting place, this," says the stranger. He wears a gray woolen tunic and hooded mantle. A reddish muzzle protrudes from the hood, black nose wrinkling, sniffing the air. "Smells... empty."

The hood twitches as two lumps move on the top of the stranger's head. "Quiet, too. Not at all like that noisy Inn. Who'd have thought two such different places could be so close together? Or was the trip through that doorway further than it seemed, hm?"

He steps closer to the bear-man Roberts, head barely reaching his navel. A red brush of a tail swishes around his legs, tipped in black. "I have a habit of listening from dark corners, and I hear you have a grudge to settle with a certain Prince.

"Well, I also have a habit of sneaking into castles and squeezing into vaults; might be we could help each other out, if you've a mind. Now, this Prince, is he rich?"
Old 03-29-2015, 01:30 PM
max crash (Offline)
Always Online
Official Member

Thanks 403

I don't know that he is rich but if he is he sleeps on his money.

*a slight laugh,*

YES that may be a plan; take his money and make him suffer
Old 03-29-2015, 02:19 PM
uncephalized (Offline)
Noteworthy
Official Member

Thanks 70

"Hm, hm, yes. A rich man made poor will suffer, certainly. But I am a small fox, and can carry only so much gold... and I doubt a beast as sizable as yourself could follow where I travel, hm? No, my thought was more subtle.

"Does not every man treasure some possession above all others? Perhaps a small thing, easily carried--a memento, an heirloom, hidden and kept secret, safe? Well, it is my talent to sniff out such treasures. And once he finds his precious bauble gone... well, he must come chasing after the thief, hm? And if we can... nudge him, to bring his hunt to a place of our own choosing, why, a clever fox might devise a trap, and snare a Princely prize."

The little fox-man pulled back his hood, and his ears sprang up. He looked around at the company with yellow eyes, bright in the white light of the Void.

"By the by, I am Volpi. Volpi Shadepad. Pleased to make your acquaintance. Now, might we remove ourselves to somewhere less... eerie? The lack of shadows makes my ears to itch."
Old 03-29-2015, 02:54 PM
max crash (Offline)
Always Online
Official Member

Thanks 403

agreed let's go back inside.

*bear-man tries the door and it will not open, he pulls harder before he yells*

NIA, sense you knew where we were - I hope you know how to open the doorway back to the inn.
Old 03-29-2015, 03:14 PM
LaurenKing (Offline)
Scribbler
Official Member

Thanks 0

"Of course," she says, gesturing to a door that seemed to have appeared when no-one was looking. "Barkeep always accepts needy travellers into his inn, wherever they are."

Once back, Nia gestures for everyone to sit back at their previous table. "Well, I certainly like the idea of stealing something he keeps on him, on one condition. We'd have to do it unseen. It sends a certain message, yes? A sort of 'we could have killed you in your sleep and never been caught' kinda vibe."
Old 03-29-2015, 06:27 PM
uncephalized (Offline)
Noteworthy
Official Member

Thanks 70

"Unseen, you say, hm?" says Volpi. "Well, that's precisely how I prefer to work. Sure to be surrounded by guards, is this Prince? Impossible to be sure of an escape, if we bloody him in his own den. And a clever fox never crawls down a hole if he knows he can't crawl out again. Not much for the stabbing and the blood is Volpi Shadepad, anywise. Murder on the woolens, it is."

He grins a foxy grin, asks the bear-man, "seems you've seen this castle before, hm? You have been inside? What is it you can tell us about the place?"

Last edited by uncephalized; 03-29-2015 at 07:01 PM..
Old 04-17-2015, 01:04 PM
uncephalized (Offline)
Noteworthy
Official Member

Thanks 70

Volpi looks around at the deserted inn, and wonders if he needs to bathe, for he seems to have scared off his new companions.

WritersBeat.com > General Discussion > Writers' Cafe > Board Games