View Single Post
Old 10-06-2013, 02:29 AM
Passim (Offline)
Pencil pusher
Official Member

Thanks 3

In the entirety of my life there have been only three books I've read that have shook me to my very core. I don't cry easily at written material.

A Child Called "It" - By David Peltzer

Due to the events of this book, its characters and conflicts, I more than sympathize and understand the main character's trauma. To a way lesser extreme, I've lived at the hands of a monster when I was young. When I read this book, the tears wouldn't stop flowing.

Night - Be Eli Weisel

I'm a history fanatic when it comes to (in my opinion) the darkest chapter in the history of mankind, World War II. I've read journals, text books, stories, and many other accounts on the time period. Not just on the Allies, but on the Axis too. This book didn't hit me since I've become jaded through my fascination; until it got to one point in the story. When that little Jewish boy began to play his violin in the darkness, when it was described as a "Symphony for dead men" - just imagining the violin playing so clearly in my mind set me off.

His Dark Materials - The Amber Spyglass - Phillip Pullman

As it was with Night, only a certain point in this book hit me hard enough to make me cry. I can't exactly remember what page it was, or how it led up to it (it's been a while since I've read it) but when I hit that page and read it I choked up horribly! In the middle of my high school English Class no less!