View Single Post
Old 01-26-2014, 04:22 AM
trettig (Offline)
Let me introduce myself
New Author

Thanks 0

I am sure that most of you have heard about the 10000 hour rule which was made famous by Malcom Gladwell?

One of the researchers most eminent in that subject is Dr. K. Anders Ericsson. He says that if you do anything for at least 10000 hours, then you will become eminent in the field.

However, just doing it is not enough. People who become eminent do what he calls "deliberate practise", which basically means that you practise a certain aspect of your field in a structured way. So instead of just keeping on writing, you practise a certain aspect of writing over and over again until you can do it in your sleep.

I personally believe that deliberate practise combined with the necessary 10000 hours of practise can make anyone an expert in anything including writing.

If you are interested, just google him. Unfortunately I can't share links because I haven't written 10 posts yet. Otherwise I would've shared links to his research with you guys.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
. A Story written by anybody who wants to. Publish your own stories in the community section, build your reputation as a writer and sell your own books without a publisher!