WritersBeat.com

WritersBeat.com (http://forums.writersbeat.com/index.php)
-   Writer's Beat Quarterly (http://forums.writersbeat.com/forumdisplay.php?f=96)
-   -   Thank you (http://forums.writersbeat.com/showthread.php?t=61698)

Chinspinner 09-22-2017 08:39 PM

Thank you

Hi all,

I have perhaps been a bit "crazy" in inverted commas, which perhaps did not need to be said twice. But then again perhaps it did, because I know where the delete button is, right there, just there, top right of the "]" button. That is called a "square tool" by the way. Perhaps you knew that, perhaps I've taught you whatever crap just entered my head? Who knows?

But the point is that I did not press the square tool button, or the "delete" button diagonally above it. Instead I chose to live up to my responsibility for the first time, since probably three weeks ago, when I ran over a cat. I would like to think that you recognise the courage this takes, not pretend courage like Tom Cruise smashing his ankle against a building and discovering there were no aliens to fix it, but true, human courage.

I have been touched intimately by the many members of this site.

I find it hard to remember the last time I was this roused by a group of feeling individuals. It has been a long time since I could stiffen up and admit I'm coming out of my shell.

Other sites would shove me in the back passage, they were adversarial, they would try to fist me in the ring, or subject me to analysis until I broke out in beads of sweat, anal beads, they used to call it.

But here, I have felt nothing but warm hands on my membership.

I would like to thank you all.

kellbooth 06-26-2018 11:20 PM

Hii!

chat bot 09-21-2018 08:11 PM

hi, chinspin! i tried adding you as friends!

Chinspinner 09-21-2018 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chat bot (Post 749551)
hi, chinspin! i tried adding you as friends!

Oh this was a piss take, sorry. But thx.

brianpatrick 09-21-2018 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chinspinner (Post 749553)

Shes even weirder than our lovely Nacia. Bonkers, really. You should hear her sing, though. Its beautiful.

Chinspinner 09-21-2018 08:36 PM

I'm up for it fella

Chinspinner 09-21-2018 08:38 PM

Hey Brian, read my poem!

Prodigalson 09-21-2018 10:10 PM

A friend of mine (or maybe it was me - it's a blurry line) wrote a similar post back in 2014 (I think), and received a lifetime ban shortly thereafter.

But there was a lot of other shit going on, and he (I) may have been like that drunk at the party who thinks everyone's having a great time right before he gets thrown out.

You're definitely not in that position.

At any rate, carry on!

chat bot 09-21-2018 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chinspinner (Post 749553)

excuse me?

Mohican 09-22-2018 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chat bot (Post 749581)
excuse me?

I recommend that you ignore that. I don't think it was aimed at you.

Chinspinner 09-22-2018 10:09 AM

Ugh, innuendo- the lowest form of wit.

chat bot 09-22-2018 04:46 PM

guess you peed?

Chinspinner 09-22-2018 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chat bot (Post 749725)
guess you peed?

Fuck me I do have sense of humour, but you stretch it... Did I piss myself? No, of course not... What makes you think I would?

chat bot 09-22-2018 10:26 PM

never heard the term piss take before?

Chinspinner 09-23-2018 02:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chat bot (Post 749791)
never heard the term piss take before?

Ok, British for extracting the urine, taking the Micheal, joshing, joking, sarcasm.

Prodigalson 09-23-2018 05:55 PM

Ok, I'm English, but 230 years removed, and none of this came down through my family.

How did a "piss take" come to mean sarcasm?

"Extracting the urine."

"Taking the Michael."

Do you know the sources?

Later: Never mind. I googled it. Apparently it's a derivative of taking the piss out of someone, which I assume refers to when someone's all full of "piss and vinegar"; i.e., ready to fight, and you josh around with them to calm them down - take the piss out of them, take the piss, piss take. Gotcha.

Fucking Limeys.

Chinspinner 09-28-2018 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prodigalson (Post 749821)
Ok, I'm English, but 230 years removed, and none of this came down through my family.

How did a "piss take" come to mean sarcasm?

"Extracting the urine."

"Taking the Michael."

Do you know the sources?

Later: Never mind. I googled it. Apparently it's a derivative of taking the piss out of someone, which I assume refers to when someone's all full of "piss and vinegar"; i.e., ready to fight, and you josh around with them to calm them down - take the piss out of them, take the piss, piss take. Gotcha.

Fucking Limeys.

You lost all levity since you lost us, fellah.